Genetic Pheno Mutations

Whats Good Growers! Rikoe here from The Seed To Bud Collective, and THIS is a thread for the MUTANTS! Post examples of genetic mutations you’ve come across in your gardens, Strain names/types, breeders, etc.

Heres a few from our current Pheno-Hunt:

Triple X OG (Bag Seed; Cut & Breeder unknown)-

Girl Scout Cookies (Cut & Breeder unknown)-

TK’Lato x Zkittles Cake (Jungle Boys)- this one was a lil special… we got TWINS!

5 Likes

whats up growers?!! didnt get a chance to post these last week, got busy with the other gardens and family life…that XXX OG mutant finally starting to push some “normal” leaves and has been keeping up with the rest of the canopy! ill grab some updated shots of the twins tomorrow… happy growing all! - Seed To Bud Collective.

5 Likes

Whats Good Growers!? just poppin in for an early morning update on the Twins! and MAN!! am i the only one surprised the little one just aint giving up?! lol shot up and hangin in there with the rest of the canopy…anyways, happy growing to all !! - The Seed To Bud Collective

3 Likes

whats good growers!! hope everyones doing well , just checkin back in with some updates from the last few weeks…

…had been waiting to see what this was going to end up doing lol…

2 Likes

Something about the cloning process freaked this one out and she grew 6 branches (3 on each side) at every node. I kept the best 13 branches and she’s basically a torture experiment. :laughing:

6 Likes

whooaaahhh !?!?! thats one of the craziest stalks ive ever seen by far!

2 Likes

Cool thread @seedtobudco , @Slym3r has a post about his current mutant grows below. I will add as I go along.

2 Likes

appreciate you ! just took a look thru @Slym3r 's as well!! we love seeing those crazy little mutations of all kinds, they become a little experiment lol

2 Likes

Ah, great topic. Have question maybe can find help maybe not. I’m guessing not really a mutant but thats what I call them. Always while my photos are growing ill run some autos. Every now and then I get what I call the 3 leaf mutant. These usually grow 1-3 leaf clusters unlike more common 5-7 leaves. They foliage is thick, heavy and not like other plants. I cant grow these to save my life.

Is there something maybe someone else is familiar with that I’m not doing for these girls??

These 4 autos popped the same time, same medium same everything and this is always what the 3 leaf plants do.

Very hard to keep healthy too. Can usually tell what they are by the time they reach 2nd or 3rd node. I’m thinking of just pulling them from now on unless you have a better idea??

5 Likes

thats a trip!! we’ve never personally experienced that one in our gardens… YET lol… idk if your into hash or rosin options but id probably just process those so your grow time and supplies dont go totally to waste.

4 Likes

Oh I have some mutants! Hahaha great topic. These are 2 GSC that were cloned. I want to see what they do… sometimes the runts do turn out well and surprise me. At least I can keep these in public view because no one would guess what they are! :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

yeah i got one GSC thats showing some weird traits but its still pretty early to tell what its gunna do just yet.

2 Likes

I think the 3 leaf is sign of a dominant ruderalis variety. I might be wrong, but that is always what I have thought. However Ducks Foot which is a common 3 leaf variety of cannabis is not ruderalis. Here is a picture from my garden. i think this pineapple had about 16 tops once split.

12806105_1075800482464131_1174199138548089914_n

8 Likes

that pineapple looks DELICIOUS!!! and yeah ive read a little on Ducks Foot myself but never seen em in person…

1 Like

Did you grow that pineapple if so I have ???s

1 Like

Frisan duck

9 Likes

Wow @Slym3r I like the look of that plant! Would be great for me… I’d put them all around the house! :joy: Any suggestions for seeds? Is that an auto or photo? :sunflower:

5 Likes

Don’t know if you call this a mutant or not, it topped itself at the 5th node!? Honest, never topped never messed with or knocked over.

3 Likes

Got these on one of my new girls. Waiting to see if they’re going to try to grow flowers there.

4 Likes