Getroundtuits Thingamajigs Whatchamacallits & Whosywhatsits

Lol that’s awesome! Can you make my Ali look stoned like your avatar

4 Likes

I’m sure that I could layer in a joint for ya

2 Likes

Hell ya

giphy%20(1)

3 Likes

Quickly done on my phone @tdubwilly Thinking something like this, but without the blending snafu. What da ya think?

5 Likes

Hell yes, my new avatar!!

3 Likes

I set it up@ ilgm also lol

3 Likes

Kinda curious about the light setup. You said you would explain if someone asked, so I’m asking!

3 Likes

Made changes. Yuck, you posted the sample. I pm’d you a final copy, and posted it on ilgm as well.

4 Likes

Lol I got the good one up now :+1:

Just need his eyes to be a little red now lol

2 Likes

Hey yes I would love to. These come out to just under a dollar a watt building this many at a time. It’s the same diodes used in the V1 quantum boards.

Each light consists of 8 SI-B8U261560WW Samsung strips. 1 hlg-185h-c1050b, 8 .601" heatsinks from heatsinkusa 23" long. And 2x 1/2" x 18 inch u channel. Plus 1 1/2"x23" piece of U channel in the center to mount the driver. The U channel I buy 8’ long pieces from grainger and cut to size. The heatsink are connected with 1/2" long self tapping screws. The strips are mounted using double sided thermal tape. And you’ll need a small spool of 300 volt solid core 18 gauge wire. Plus wago connectors for the wiring. I use 9’ tool replacement power cords found on Amazon for about $3 for power cord. If any other details are needed just ask. The big key to price is ordering in bulk. 25 strips gives the best discount (for these purposes you can get a bigger discount buying more if you needed to) from Arrow on strips. I order 26 make 3 big lights and 1 small 50 watt light with the extra 2 strips and extra U channel built the same as the big ones just a smaller driver.

Let me know if you need more info.

4 Likes

Can a junction box be added on top of the controller u think? Just to hide the marettes. Fire marshal is fussy up here

2 Likes

Yeah you absolutely could pretty up the wiring with a junction box and some fancier wire connectors. I just zip tied mine up into bundles rather than spend a bunch of time wiring. I’m going to be helping a friend build lights for a commercial grow later this year and all of them will have tidy wiring just to keep inspectors away. But other than looks all of the wiring is safe as is.

I should say the wire nuts pictured were temporary until I got the correct wago connectors. And I would mount the driver closer to an end then the junction box towards the other end to keep height down.

5 Likes

Nice;) do they pass CSA or us safety standards?

4 Likes

For home use there’s not really anything that we have to worry about. But in a commercial setting they’d need to be made to look nicer on wiring just to keep the code enforcement guys happy. But all the components are safety approved.

4 Likes