Getroundtuits Thingamajigs Whatchamacallits & Whosywhatsits

From time to time we all tend to build things to suit our growing needs. I sure know I do. I thought that we all should have a place to share those ideas, items, tips n tricks that we’ve stumbled into blindly, or made just to get buy until…

My diy tent humidifier

Got smart and made a diy float for the second tent

My way of supercropping a thick and/or hard branch/stalk. A simple search for Round Nose Pliers, Jewelry Pliers or Beading Pliers

Don’t worry about those mistakes you’ll make while learning the feel. Aluminum tape around from the ducting work? I found that to be the best stuff. It breaks away as the plant grows.

Hell, I supercroped a plant from the ground up once, doing every other node, and some nodes got it a few times. Some may remember this from when my dog Kush ate most of a plant. This poor bastard needed height adjustment badly while waiting.

Now on to the inspiration for the creation of this topic. SmoknGranny finished her diy greenhouse kit today. Her tanacity never ceases to amaze me. She me gave permission to share this with y’all.
/original/3X/9/9/99223b2aaf711a309d83d29a9ca4a0d9020de93f.mp4

13 Likes

My solution to negative pressure crushing your buds, build a moveable frame

Maybe you would prefer turning it into a scrog

12 Likes

Are y a electrician lol;) also I suppose your humidifier could be connected to the cold water or ro with a saddle valve and float valve so u never run outta water

7 Likes

It really helps too lol.

I have gotten rid of old tents but kept the tent poles and they work well at holding those tent walls at bay

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing @BudBrother :grin: I love the name of the journal!

5 Likes

Very nicely done!

5 Likes

Wow. Thanks for your Tortola and at first- I thought your better half was clapping. Maughahahahaha

6 Likes

Nobody has anything diy to add to the topic? Hell, ima talker.
I like the ingenuity of this drip tray. Makes for easy runoff collection.

Screenshot from ilgm

6 Likes

Srry guys been busy, I built my own flip switch I will post a quick pic shortly for y’all to check out ( don’t mind my storage space it’s a mess of Rubbermaid bins) it only cost me 350$ cdn to build so about 225 usd. It’s a flip 20 built with ice cube relays( no arcing during flip) also u can pull the relay out and replace in a jippy

4 Likes

it needs a ground bar but it worked

5 Likes

Da ya think :rofl:
Glad it worked out.

3 Likes

Believe it or not my buddy that showed me how to build these is certified to install any pump in the world lol… His wiring leaves something Tobe desired. I always had to direct his work to look less rat nesty. Fire marshals used to be a regular visit for me due to stinking out a cpl blocks around me when I lived in the city haha.

4 Likes

Almost everything I have growing related is DIY to some extent. My hydro systems are all made by me. My lights built by me. My rosin press kind of built by me. My chiller for the water using coils so I can chill multiple reservoirs instead of just one made by me lol. Even my grow rooms themselves were built by me. By typing this all out you’d think I had a really cheap setup. But my bank account would highly disagree :rofl::rofl: I guess if my wife complains to much I can just make a parts list to show how much to buy everything I built. She’d probably faint.
I won’t go through all the steps on lights unless someone wants it. But I’ll add pics. Same goes for the hydro setup.

9 Likes

I’m with you buddy, if you can build it, why buy it. Great job on your diy’s

3 Likes

Just a small idea but it helps me big time, if you fry turkeys every year like my brother does you have these things laying around. I take it and mount it to the bottom of the little fan and use a ratchet strap to lower and raise as needed. Fan is upside down but still works like a charm !

Another idea is to use the square tomato baskets to line the perimeter of tent, can use to hang wires off of and also keep buds bending back into tent. I use this sometimes but not all the time, getting ready to set it up again. what a life !

9 Likes

Now throw a chain link scrog over the top & start calling it a woman’s prison :dash:

6 Likes

Reach out, Stick your arms through ladies :rofl:

7 Likes

Always a lovely sight.

3 Likes

My Budder Press

Cause why waste any of that goodness?

1/16” plastic sheet glued to top/bottom inside of wood press. The all thread was drilled through plastic and sealed into place. Top easy removed, notice (pic1 bottom) the red markers to distinguish the front.

4 Likes

Before someone asks, why 2 of the same book?
My girls didn’t like to share.

4 Likes