Giant humidor?

I am going to try and turn my greenhouses into a 40,000cuft walk-in humidor next year.

I have the heat I will need lined up with @mgagner , and a way to help sertilize the air from @AJGirard.

I will need suitable humidifiers for the space and a controller with multiple sensors to run all of the equipment and maintain a preset temperature and humidity window. (I have dehumidifiers and exhaust). I doubt I need cooling as the temperatures at harvest are generally low enough to not worry, and heat is the biggest concern.

The goal is to dry 1500-2000lbs of usable material on whole plants (15,000-20,000 wet) and then maintain a specific moisture content until I can get to it for processing, we had some issues with product getting too dry before we could get to processing it. I figure if I can afford the equipment now, it will set me up to maximize harvest and quality as prices continue to fall.

If any of the fine purveyors of equipment have some info on suitable controllers and humidifiers, I’d like to discuss options.

TIA!

9 Likes

I’m sure some @EquipManufacturers, @EquipSuppliers, and @Environment folks want to have that conversation with you. Thanks for posting this.

Good luck @Farmer_Dan. We are all looking forward to seeing pics of the progress and hearing the results.

4 Likes

Dan,
Would love to discuss cleaning the air with our product that produces H2O2 24/7 and goes everywhere the air goes within your grow.

Terry
Pantec Air

6 Likes

PM me some product info, I wouldn’t mind taking a look things I haven’t seen before.

4 Likes

@jane I imagine you may want to hop in on this conversation!

5 Likes

Farmer Dan,

SDI has what you need, we also have the ability to as you say hold the product until further processing, the SDI system holds the DP such that the product can be held to tight parameters. Back in the office Monday, my number is 314 409 2252, email is @neville

Neville

6 Likes

I’d be interested in hearing more about the air handlers and your green fabric duct system. I should be done with harvest early December.

I believe the full building system would be a bit overkill for me. I don’t produce a retail product, although by the looks of some of the products on the dispensary shelves, maybe I should. :joy: We could also discuss options for a smaller inner chamber in one of my greenhouses for producing properly cured tops for retail.

6 Likes

I’m based in St. Louis, what is a good time for you Monday?

Neville

6 Likes

Not sure, probably second week of December. We have the bank coming to inspect in the first week of December and I don’t want to make any appointments. I need a cannabis friendly bank account ASAP! :wink:

6 Likes

We processed our first 4,000 Industrial Cannabis Plants this past month and had issues with drying too quickly. We had a heater to keep temps up but our humidity levels were pretty low at 35-45%. The flowers dried out in 5 days and are really dry best I can tell. Does anyone actually raise humidity in their drying/curing rooms?

4 Likes

I plan to, but I am not producing retail flower. Just look to not have processing losses from leaf shatter and lost trichomes.

6 Likes

:wave: @Farmer_Dan ! If you are seeking a cannabis friendly bank account, I think you should speak with Steve @alphamerchantbank. He has expertise in that area.

Also, very happy that you and @mgagner were able to connect and work together to expand your businesses. :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy chatting and growing!

~ :green_heart:Kareenabis~

5 Likes

We are going with a local credit union. Our account is just about ready to come online.

4 Likes

Good day @Farmer_Dan !

Oh OK, sounds good!

Wishing you success on your walk in humidor!

~ :green_heart:Kareenabis~

3 Likes

Using SDI Dry Cure that cannot happen. Precise management of the conditions with a focus on vapor pressure and setting a lower limit in the box means you can dry fast and gently at the same time. Call me at 314 409 2252 if you wish to discuss further.

4 Likes

Hello Farmer_Dan, saw this post and wanted to give you a heads up here at Anden we have a solution for you that sounds right on point for application. We have an 8840 Automation color touch screen controller which you can hook up to 4 RH & Temp sensors (Part #8082) which average across those 4 data points and reports it back to the controller. On the controller you can monitor each individual sensors readings and individually name them as needed, as well as see & control everything from an App on your android or iphone. We also offer a steam humidifier which humidifys using electrode technology, dispersing the steam via a wand with tublets into the duct work, or a second option is a fan pack which has a built in fan to push the humidiy out from the wall. Since the humidifier utilizes a canister with two large electrodes there will be no mineral deposit dispersed with the steam, the minerals remain in the canister. The only maintenance that is needed is to throw out the canister once or twice a year. The 8840 can opperate ventilation, humidification, dehumidification, heating and cooling from one system. Let me know if you have any questions, Thanks!

4 Likes

Think we can help

3 Likes

I highly suggest our AS35FP humidifier, it’s an electrode style unit which can be remotley mounted. The unit itself connects to 208 or 240 volts and fills a canister with water via a 1/4" copper water line, the canister has two large electrodes in it which boils the water through conductive materials in the water. So the good news is there is zero maintenance since all the minerals in the water stick inside of the canister and electrodes. Reverse osmosis water is not to be used or wasted in this process, just regular tap water works best as it relies on the minerals in your tap water. The fan pack utilizes a dc powered motor for the fan and is designed to be installed flush into the wall between 2 studs 16" on center. The unit turns on when Rh drops below the set point, and turns off once it reaches or exceeds set point depending on the control used or the settings in our control which comes with it.

Here is the unit, please let me know if you have any questions regarding it. These specific unit’s are actually designed and manufactured by us and our sister company DriSteem which are also used in the White House and Pentagon. These units are very popular amoung Licensed Producers in Canada during the dry/cure process, & especially propagation rooms:

3 Likes