Glycerin tincture

Hi. I’m looking for a strong VG tincture. I’m a cancer survivor taking care of my mom with throat cancer. Stronger the better.
Thanks

4 Likes

Quick & Easy Vegetable Glycerine Tincture Recipe

There are a many ways to make a potent vegetable glycerine tincture. You can make a relatively quick tincture by heating it up and mixing it using a Magical Butter Machine or Crock Pot. The Magical Butter Machine has set temperature settings and a tincture button that takes 4 hours to cycle. You can also use the 8 hour button to make a stronger tincture. I usually run a few cycles on the MB Machine for a total of 12-16 hours depending on how much time I have. Just follow the recipe here if you’re using a Magical Butter.

It’s a little more difficult to control the temperature using a crockpot, but it’s very simple and virtually smell proof. You may have to alternate the temperature control from warm to off to make sure the mixture doesn’t overheat.

1. In a Quart Mason Jar combine:
  1. Cover with a lid and shake the mixture until material is completely covered with vegetable glycerine.
  2. Line the bottom of a crockpot with a washcloth or folded hand towel and fill halfway with warm water.
  3. Place the sealed jar into the crockpot, cover the crockpot with a lid if it fits, and set it on warm for an entire day (24 hours). Shake occasionally for best results.
  4. Using an oven mitt, remove the jar from the crockpot. Open the jar and allow to cool for at least an hour.
  5. Using cheesecloth or a bubble bag, strain the vegetable glycerine into a small bowl or into another jar. Save the cheesecloth bag of leftover material and make a batch of High Chai.
  6. Transfer vegetable glycerine tincture into dropper bottles using a small funnel (optional).
4 Likes

Have you thought about making a FECO/RSO, purging the alcohol, then mixing in glycerine as a carrier fluid?

You would get a lot more medicine this way.

6 Likes

That is a great way to do it as well!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I love my MBM. I also have a nice decarboxolator

2 Likes

My MB2e is my favourite tool…

1 Like

I did 8 hours and man is it almost black. I used 6 plus oz of trim buds and shake. It’s nasty tasting but it’s strong.

1 Like

Ardent? I have one of those…

1 Like

Yep. That is the ones

1 Like

Just for knowledge and maybe another tool… Is an Ardent necessary for decarbing or is my paper bag and not care about the odour good enough… no one has ever replied otherwise that I have read…lol…

1 Like

So it depends on the purpose. The ardent is just for heating the trichs and terps to activate them. I mainly use it for making edibles. Sometimes I’ll use it for flower I’m going to smoke.

1 Like

I decarb for my butter and capsules etc… basically all edibles… but I just throw it in a paper bag and hit 230F for 30 minutes…lol…

1 Like

Hi. I followed the magic butter recipe.

1 Like

Ardent released a silicone liner for making oils/tinctures and things.

1 Like