GN Poll: do you add silica?

Ive had no mold issues and I think I can attribute that to silica. its major humid in Oklahoma where im at. and I didnt have my dehumidification set up when I first moved here. or real ac for that matter. still no mold. im now using cease for preventative maintenance and have rh control again. but still want the silica involved as I have to believe it helps regarding pm if nothing else

2 Likes

Silica is a waste of time. In fact in Cannabis test habe shown it to little or no effect at all. REMEMBER GUYS, These companies will sell you anything if YOU WANT TO BUY IT. ive never needed it, have no reason tp start again. Thier is three thing you need. and only three. anyone want to guess what that is?

2 Likes

Let me guess. Money, more money and lots more money!

3 Likes

Iā€™m working with a Nutrient line on the R and D and data logging and silica nitrite is directly available to root zone and with natural mushroom fungi and bacteria, derivatives are making a huge difference and plant end up using I would say 1/16 more nitrogen in the veg stage. Results show in plant and runoff of Media in the trial I have conducted thus far.

3 Likes

We use silica in one of our blends but I am of the opinion that most of what people credit silica as necessary for are things they should be getting out of their potassium, and Iā€™m not sold on the value of having thick stocks and stems. However, I figure if there is a chance it can help boost the plantā€™s immunity and resistance to stress, there is certainly no harm in incorporating it.

5 Likes

the biggest concern here is growers have not had much success with current recipes to have silica available through the potassium with humic acids. yes, potassium works great and is essential to plant growth. We have been finding that the silica usually stays left stagnant in soil or mediums used and there is no uptake through the roots or transferred to the plant with current potassium solutions. Potassium Nitrite and Fulvic Acids with the correct biological and fungal foundation will move the silica through the root zone and results will dramatically increase in foliage and stalk growth if proper stabilization of biological life is present in the medium.

3 Likes

Got a new Si and Micro Product if anyone wants to test DM me. Available in Rock, Pelleted Granule and 40mesh fines. I am beta testing 70 mesh fines for insect control like D.E.

5 Likes

Generally true, but we have found that using a potassium silicate along with a potassium acetate and fulvic acid, combined with a polyamine treatment and beneficial bacillus, there are no issues with stagnant silica (or anything for that matter) remaining in your medium from our formulations.

4 Likes

I was using Silica Blast, and more lately been using Armor SI. I grow ā€œorganicallyā€ (adding silica is not organic, but otherwise I do my best). Using it to foliar spray is also something I do. Iā€™ll make a tea, add silica, some fulvic acid, some fresh aloe as a saponin, maayyyybe a dash of liquid karma, and spray em down. I stop adding it usually a few weeks into flower, like 3rd. I think it also helps abate pests a little. I donā€™t use it if Iā€™m making seeds as Iā€™ve found it makes the outer shell too hard.

2 Likes