Gnats and black speckles

What’s up guys. Been out of town on work so I’ve had my room on auto and had my old lady just ph water for me while I was gone. I came home last night and found there are a bunch of gnats flying around the bottom and have some black speckles on dying leaves. I’ll have to do some searching to find more leaves to get some pics. You may have to zoom in on the leaves but it looks like someone lightly dusted the leaves with spray paint. The black does not rub off so I don’t think it’s mold. Any ideas? I’m going to pick up some neem oil this after noon give them a spritz.

4 Likes

Looks like bugs for sure, possibly thrips ,may be mites. Not sure if gnats can do that kind of damage never had them for more than a CPL weeks

5 Likes

Check undersides of leaf as well as top with a microscope.if there’s long clearish things moving it’s likely thrips

4 Likes

I just zoomed in it’s thrips for sure 1000%

3 Likes

Not gnats then u have a outbreak there’s adults.if they are flying they are established. @sleeperjunky are u in flower?

2 Likes

Notice the leafminer damage like little strip mines veering here and there. Tell tale thrip damage.and I bet there’s Sheen to it too?

4 Likes

I’m not officially in flower. I’m in the flower room but In working on hardening them off from 18/6- and I’m at 14-10 now. No bud sites still full veg. i have some mammoth bio control. Gonna get some neem oil first then hit them with the Mammoth if all else fails.

6 Likes

Yeah the sheen seams to come first then the leaves die off.

5 Likes

Not right way to do it neem won’t kill anything but true adults.get spinosad (montarays garden spray) or greenlight. Cheap as a lawn spray. U can use all three but spinosad is the cure for sure. Or get preditor mites .but h have a outbreak it can be bad fast, I’d get spinosad and order a small kit of preditors after a CPL weeks of spraying spinosad. U need to kill 100% of them and the eggs are impossible to kill and larvae are tough most things don’t touch them at all spinosad will kill them all but eggs In One go.the. U need to continue to hit them every third day for at least two weeks. Then to be safe order preditors bugs can hatch in places impossible to reach with spray or a drench for that fact. On days between spinosad fee free to hit them with alternative options if u do that for 21 days you will be safe for sure other than eggs hatching under baseboard or cracks in floor stuck to wall etc,etc,etc. Hope this helps I know it sounds extreme but it’s not worth risking the loss. I have much experience with them and mites and can guarantee this works every time one spray and you will fell much better about the future of your darling girls !!:wink:

6 Likes

If your loosing leaves it’s advanced infestation.spray the mamoth now!! And spray w water a CPL times a day or more it will f em up good. Lower temps and raise humidity if u can.the don’t like water when they breed

5 Likes

Ur In the USA ya?

5 Likes

The bio control looks like it’s management baised and best to use before infestation.spinosad is for infestation tho

5 Likes

Preditors wouldn’t work either till u kill most of them

5 Likes

Yeah I’m in California. There is a gardening store near my shop I work at so I’ll stop by there this afternoon and see if they have spinosad. I haven’t had much issues with anything since I started nearly a year ago (luckily) Thanks for your help @hoppiefrog. I’ll be a little less stressed today thanks to you. Lol have a great day bud! I hope your 420 went well.

4 Likes

Yeah the mammoth says preventative on the bottle huh lmao

4 Likes

In my last grow indoors, I had a really bad infestation. I battled it for weeks before @hoppiefrog got me some spinosad… 3 weeks later, my plants were free of bugs. It was really easy with the spinosad… :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Just don’t use it on your lawn lol kills bees the next state over :wink:

5 Likes

Where can I find it at? Lowes has bonide in powder form. The description says it has spinosad. Hopefully I can water it down and put it in the sprayer. Gonna pick up some neem oil as well.

3 Likes

Damn have you purchased any new media in the last couple weeks or month? I had no problems and then i bought some media and wham. Ive been battling them for a few weeks. I have some pyganic plus. And some aerosol pyrene in spray paint type bottles. But i have a 2 foggers if i have to go nuclear! But i also have an electric fogger i can fog an entire tent in 10 seconds. Im still at war. Thrips and mites suckkkk. I dont want to use a fogger because the propellant is flammable. The electric fogger gun is much easier and you can cloud the entire plant and leaves in seconds. I have a quarantine plant that has thrips and mites. Spraying with spray bottles sucks. And anything bigger and you start to burn through big quantities of pesticide. And it gets expensive. Im gonna fog the quarantine plant and see how well it works.

4 Likes

Amazon has it most hydro stores have it as well

3 Likes