Guide Name: Guide to Cannabis Sweating
Lesson by: Grove Bags
Topic: How to Sweat Cannabis and Why It’s Important for Mold Prevention
Summary: An often skipped over step to the process of drying cannabis is the process of sweating. Before beginning the curing process, cannabis that is newly dried or at least appears to be, needs to be sweat! What is sweating? At the center of your buds, there is a lingering moisture that needs to be drawn out to the surface of the plant. Sweating cannabis is one important step of many towards mold prevention. By taking the time to dry and cure your harvest properly, you’re protecting the flavorful and aromatic oils of the terpene profile of your bud. Here is our advice for the best steps for how to sweat cannabis!
- Paper Bags
- Trimming Shears
- First, cut up the branches with trimmed buds on them into sections that will easily fit into a paper bag, leaving the buds on the branches will prevent them from overcrowding and allow for airflow in the bag
- Fill a paper bag up about ¾ of the way with the buds.
- Sleeve another bag over top in the opposite direction. The paper bags will draw out the inner moisture of the vegetation and redistribute it.
- After 12 hours open the bag and let the newly drawn out moisture evaporate. You will notice the nugs on the top dry quicker then the ones on the bottom.
- Sleeve the top bag over again and flip it so the dryer buds are on the bottom now. This will pull out more moisture redistribute it to all the buds.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you notice the buds aren’t sweating out and redistributing as much moisture. From here you are ready to seal up your cannabis and start curing!
Following this process, you can place your cannabis into a Grove Bag, allowing the bag’s Terploc™ technology to create the optimal cannabis climate and carry out a consistent cure. As the nugs continue to respirate, TerpLoc™ technology will expel any additional moisture, therefore, preventing future mold growth and preserving those terpenes and cannabinoids you’ve cultivated. Interested? You can give Grove Bags a try with our Build-Your-Own Variety Pack!
And follow us on Instagram for cannabis tips, insights, news, and more!
- List item