Gonna Make You Sweat – How to Sweat Cannabis and Why Its Important for Mold Prevention

Guide Name: Guide to Cannabis Sweating
Lesson by: Grove Bags
Topic: How to Sweat Cannabis and Why It’s Important for Mold Prevention
Summary: An often skipped over step to the process of drying cannabis is the process of sweating. Before beginning the curing process, cannabis that is newly dried or at least appears to be, needs to be sweat! What is sweating? At the center of your buds, there is a lingering moisture that needs to be drawn out to the surface of the plant. Sweating cannabis is one important step of many towards mold prevention. By taking the time to dry and cure your harvest properly, you’re protecting the flavorful and aromatic oils of the terpene profile of your bud. Here is our advice for the best steps for how to sweat cannabis!

Materials Needed

• Cannabis
  • Paper Bags
  • Trimming Shears
  • Time

Instructions

• First, cut up the branches with trimmed buds on them into sections that will easily fit into a paper bag, leaving the buds on the branches will prevent them from overcrowding and allow for airflow in the bag
  • Fill a paper bag up about ¾ of the way with the buds.
  • Sleeve another bag over top in the opposite direction. The paper bags will draw out the inner moisture of the vegetation and redistribute it.
  • After 12 hours open the bag and let the newly drawn out moisture evaporate. You will notice the nugs on the top dry quicker then the ones on the bottom.
  • Sleeve the top bag over again and flip it so the dryer buds are on the bottom now. This will pull out more moisture redistribute it to all the buds.
  • Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you notice the buds aren’t sweating out and redistributing as much moisture. From here you are ready to seal up your cannabis and start curing!

Additional Information:
Following this process, you can place your cannabis into a Grove Bag, allowing the bag’s Terploc™ technology to create the optimal cannabis climate and carry out a consistent cure. As the nugs continue to respirate, TerpLoc™ technology will expel any additional moisture, therefore, preventing future mold growth and preserving those terpenes and cannabinoids you’ve cultivated. Interested? You can give Grove Bags a try with our Build-Your-Own Variety Pack!

And follow us on Instagram for cannabis tips, insights, news, and more!

Living FAQs

• List item
13 Likes

Is this method used in place of hanging to dry… what temp should the room be that the bag is in…

2 Likes

Please don’t use this method… sound like the poor / lazy mans why to dry and cure personally not feeling it … that paper bag is I’m going to infuse that paper bag flavor into your final product slightly

2 Likes

I can see that would work for the ass end of the drying process.thats what they do in Amsterdam. I will try a test run and post it if you have samples :wink: I have a good size grow to do quality comparisons with.

4 Likes

Tbh makes me a bit nervous to put fresh buds in a less ventilated environment.but I’d try it and buy it if it betters my product; @sierragrovebags

3 Likes

Are those terploc bags smell proof?

3 Likes

@SourD Yes, Grove Bags provide superior odor protection, trapping the potent smell of product until you’re ready for a breath of fresh bud!

4 Likes

And they look good

3 Likes

My bad I should’ve read the additional information at the bottom from everything else I read I was under the impression you were recommending brown paper bags to dry and cure . Didn’t catch the grove bag part Just curious how big are those bags or should I say how much butter can you fit in them without stuff in it too much

4 Likes

Auto text how much product can you fit in the bag not butter Lol

3 Likes

Hahaha, that made me chuckle

3 Likes

Love the custom lable bags :wink: I want some with my avatar on them or possibly a stoned frog not 100% sure. Can the bags be thermally sealed? Also will boveda packs work to help with the cure ?

4 Likes

hey docee

this happens after drying process

1 Like

I can only assume temps would be the same 70-74f for first 24 hrs at 45% Rh then 65f and 60%ish Rh for remainder

3 Likes

To clarify, this isn’t replacing drying/curing, but is an addition step for after you dry and before you begin curing with the goal of slowly releasing the moisture at the core of the buds. Paper bags are recommended for their breathability but I get the risk of imparting that flavor into the buds. I wouldn’t recommend a sealed bag for sweating though as that runs the risk of mold.

2 Likes

@hashone Hahaha, no worries (or should I say, don’t sweat it! :grimacing:)! Grove Bags come in a range of sizes and styles. Take a peak at our store just to get an idea of sizes available: https://grovebags.com/store/

How much are your growing a month/year? Happy to recommend the right bag!

2 Likes

So anyone here using grove bags? I’m about ready to try a round. Any discount codes? @sierragrovebags :thinking::sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

Got my first order of Grove bags. Gotta do my part now to prep next harvest in a month. Got the Terp lock with windows so I can keep an eye on the goodies.

4 Likes

Whats your reveiw on these bags?

3 Likes

I’ll be using them from now on for storing and curing. They do what they claim just gotta go by their directions on YouTube.

3 Likes