Good camera security system

So the time has come for me to up grade my home security system. I have a 9 camera setup system now. I want a nice one. Not TVL cameras. Im thinking like 1-3MP cameras on a cat5 hardwire. I Really dont care for wireless cameras at ALL! Online/Wireless remote access into the system is a must. Any of you folks here have something they like that works? Im not paying some company monthly fees also. I set up my cctv systems and i make my own cables and connections. I have all the gear because i was always repairing shit because we had a bad raccoon problem and the bastards always chewed on my camera cables? And cable’s are $20 each at set lengths. But a Spool of hard cable line is $70. So it was a no brainer. I sat with a friend in the business, smoked some fat buds and practiced making custom length cable and connectors on the Go. I dont like to call the Guy to do shit…Im the guy and ill do the shit.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if this is what your looking for, but here is a link for a 16 camera system that is reasonably priced.

1 Like

Following, because I just asked this and haven’t installed mine yet. I ordered the Lorex 4 camera 4k wired set, and am planning to order 4 more cameras before install. 4 isn’t enough to cover the home obviously.

3 Likes

I like it but the bnc connectors. I want cat -5-6

3 Likes
2 Likes

Online/Wireless remote access into the system is a must. Any of you folks here have something they like that works? Im not paying some company monthly fees also. I set up my cctv systems and i make my own cables and connections.

I would not expect anything less from you!!! I can only recommend going expensive for the requirements you are looking at. I bought a cheapy system and now realized I cannot stream as it only supports windows platforms!!! I am trying to find a workaround. May I ask you stay away from wireless? My mates just bought 8 wifi/solar cameras and in the last 3 months he is very happy with the system, easy to setup, no wires, and streams!! I was looking at wireless/solar for remote locations on the farm.

2 Likes