Good weed but buds are soft

Appreciate any help also Just wanted to say thank you in advance. My plays produce real good cannabis but the buds don’t get real hard. They stay soft almost fluffy. I’m looking to add potassium (NPK 0-46-0) any comments?

6 Likes

What kind of light do u use. What kinda plants autos or photos. Autos will naturally give a softer bud. Otherwise I’d say need a better light or had to much issues caused a weaker plant. Can u post pictures of some buds to see and what the grow was like.

8 Likes

This is usually the issue! When your trying to recreate mother nature indoors it is not a good idea to be cheap when buying your SUN/light. @Mark0427 hit the nail on the head.
tumblr_oayxfuYw5Y1rc7zl1o1_500

Lets see your set up?

6 Likes

I use a 2000w mars LED. The seeds are auto. That is the reason the buds are soft. Good weed just soft buds. Avg 1.5 oz per planet.

8 Likes

Mars hydro does not make a 2000 watt light nobody does sorry. They do show a 1000watt but id want to test it to verify that claim!

Not sure of your model but its in no way a 2000 watt. I have one of the most expensive lights and it 680 watts. And i also have 3x luxx xr860 watts lights. Nobody makes 2000 watts period. It would fry plants all too quickly. I build light as another hobby and my most powerful lights is 1010 watts! I always go for the most power and then i add dimmers to my drivers! Not trying to Rag on ya at all. I hate when people get tricked into buying low watt power lights and the manufacturer doesnt disclose the power ratings correctly.

8 Likes

Prey is right, also you can’t run a 2000 watt pieces of equipment of a standard electric circuit. It’s super common for companies to try and fool growers about the number of watts there light is or is equivalent to.

6 Likes

What is the standard there you live? I got 16 ampere in my house so its mean i Cant use a 2000w? :stuck_out_tongue: @PreyBird1 @treetrunks

grey 16 A 11 kW

16 Ampere Grå/Silver 3 250 Watt

5 Likes

Watts ÷volts = amps. Hope this helps.

8 Likes

Ye Thanks for that @treetrunks take care of me :heart::pray::100: hes verry god man and Do amazing plants :100::fire::heart::muscle:

6 Likes

Were standard 15 amp. But the new building code is 20A circuits and a different pug being new code

7 Likes

I’m sure you’re right, it must be a 1000

5 Likes

@o1dguy
Sorry, just wanted to point out that 0-46-0 is a high PHOSPHOROUS fertilizer…
It has NO nitrogen or potassium…

7 Likes

thanks for pointing it out. Im aware but I plan to add , 1:20. Curious if I get different results.

4 Likes

Prey is correct, we both have one of the largest lights out there, 8 light bars, and in physical size it is touching the sides of my 5x5 foot tent, it is only 860 watts.

Marty

5 Likes

I would pay more attention to your heat and humidity if you want to get harder more compact buds. Yes you need light and lots of it, but with that comes heat, and heat makes them stretch and get loose buds.

HTH
Marty

6 Likes

I been doing this just over 3 years. If it was wrong or should have been checked regularly I didn’t. I finally was able to grow, harvest & smoke some very good weed. I’m not the only one that sez. Anyway things are looking good. 3 strains going about 3 weeks. 2 clones 1seed. Looking for same if not better results.

Lou

6 Likes

Fluffy doesn’t mean it isn’t good, just means it’s fluffy lol.

Marty

4 Likes

It’s still very good. 3 strains, got 1.5 oz each. Screwed up. Did weigh it. Surprised since I have produced a smokable harvest in over 3 years trying. Got the fundamentals down. Trying to tweak a few things to see, if any, difference.

4 Likes