Green Sunshine ES-300 v3

Hi, I just pre-ordered the new v3 Electric Sky ES-300. It has new upgraded LED’s and is now an additional 30 watts. It now is 330 watts at the wall.
I’m going to test them using 2 in a 4x4 area with uv and a supplemental light bar of 160 watts at wall for each es-300, so each 2x4 area will have an es300, a chill 160 watt led bar, and a Cali Lightworks uvb bar. Oh, and I’ll be running CO2.
Do you guys think I could use any higher lighting in a 2x4 or 4x4 space? I was actually thinking of using 2-es300’s and the uv bar per 2x4 area, or 4-es300’s and two uvb bars per 4x4 area. So, in my 4x8 flowering room I could have as much as 8 es-300’s and 2 uvb bars.
That would give me a total of 690 true watts at wall for each 2x4 area; 330 watts x 2 from the es390’s is 660 plus another 30 for the uvb bar totals 690. I’ve had people tell me it’s too much light and others that it’ll be totally killer! What do you guys think??? Good or bad outcome?!? It’ll be a hell of a test if I try it, which I probably will in at least a 2x4 to start with.

4 Likes

Hope your grow goes well, look forward to seeing what the lights can do!

2 Likes

I think 4 in a 4 X 4 would be way overkill if I read that right. Just 2 of them electric skys Inna 4 X 4 would rock let alone your uv and chill bars. that’s my opinion for what is worth. I hope you keep this going as a journal because I’d love to followup this action.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree with @LoCoRocK. I think 4 is way too much… I think at most put 3 over those in a 4x4 with the bars in between them… Might still be too much light… I hope those come with a dimmer… Anyways… Look forward on seeing what you’ll come up with

2 Likes

@LoCoRocK, @ultrapuff
Being that I’ve never used LED’s before I’m having a difficult time believing that a led t with 300w has the same growing strength as a 600w HPS, so I plan on doing a little research of my own to see how much led wattage plants can handle before suffering any negative effects such as slowed growth or burnt leaves, etc…
I thinking I’ll probably start out with the 2-es300’s, 2-chill 160w bars (hung vertically for supplementary lighting, and 2-Cali Lightworks uvb t5’s, then probably add a 3rd es300 the next run, and then a 4th if that one goes well.

1 Like

Well, i have a 480watt driver that beats a 1200watt hps balast any day, and have some juice left over… Thats what makes leds so great… They waste one third the electricity for the same Par output, and give out a full spectrum light with more colors. That’s why leds are the future… Cheaper to run and works way better. Thats if you know what to look for when buying leds… Or else you might get scammed do to there being alot of shitty leds out there built with crappy components. You should youtube people comparing leds with the hps… Its going to be a shocker for you! :facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3:

3 Likes

Believe it. What you’re talking about is massive overkill. 650w of quality LEDs will flower tf out of a 4x4. 300w is more then enough for a 2x4 or 3x3. @CoyoteCody was running 240w of good led board in a 2x4 (if I remember correctly) and actually got enough light stress to cause foxtails.

5 Likes

In a 3x3 actually, but ya they can be super sensitive sometimes.

4 Likes

@ultrapuff, @mudman, @CoyoteCody
That’s so killer cool! I do believe that LED’s are probably the lights of the future too. That’s why after almost 30 years of using MH/HPS I’m finally going to try out LED’s, and if I see that they give me as good results as I’m currently getting I’m going to switch over the rest of my grow to LED’s. I wanted to test them first though as I didn’t want to spend $7500 on new lights that I wasn’t happy with.
…all in all I have a pretty decent size personal medical perpetual grow garden. I’ve got a 2x4 mother room, a 2x4 cloning/propagation tent, a 3x3 for my breeding program, a 5x5 for veg, and a 5x10 flowering room. So, as you see it’s a pretty pricy endeavor anytime I decide to upgrade a part of my system. Probably the best addition I made in the last year was switching to an active intake system in all my tents. I’m running all infinity cloud fans with Phat filter mufflers on both intake and exhaust and carbon hepa filters on my intakes. I run both the exhaust and intake with their controllers that allow you to control two fans with each, so you can set min/max temp and humidity and it’ll automatically keep it in between settings.
I probably did about three months research before buying my es-300’s. I was torn between a few brands, but called several hydro shops I deal with and got their take on them prior to purchasing. There are tons of really good, decent, and VERY shitty LED’s out there I’ve found! Lol. I really liked the I-think, rayeled, chill, HLP, and Green Sunshine. In the end I was torn between a hlp 650r and 2-green sunshine v3 Ed-300’s. I ended up deciding to go with the Elec Sky lamps because of the even light distribution they have, even out to the corners of the tent. Plus, they have a 90 no questions asked money back guarantee, so you can try them for a grow and return them if you don’t like them, plus they have a 3 or 5 year warranty, I can’t remember which. Hey, I’m stoned. Lol.
Have a great, happy n safe Boxing Day everyone!!!

3 Likes

They don’t but it’s not just wattage. COB vs Quantum boards vs placement and spectrum.

I have found that a 600w HPS can be replaced with about 450w LED if the groupings are evenly placed and you can tune the spectrum of light. It can actually get you tighter buds.

3 Likes

Well believe it sister…errr brother! The saying goes “sister” so you see what I did there… lol freshly baked pardon the joke!

3 Likes

You’re making a awesome decision… You will eliminate hella watts with the lights… And you will save hella watts with cooling and exhaust with better more frosty results… Since you are switching to leds. I suggest you take a look at the vpd chart for leds. It will help you get awesome results.

3 Likes

@mudman. That’s just crazy man!
…I do use CO2 though, so I should be able to handle a little more wattage than usual.

2 Likes

Where’s the one (vpd chart) showing veg/flower/cloning-prop…is that the same one just the white is cloning to left and flowering to the right?? I wonder. I got a new phone so I lost a lot of photos… well there in a cloud somewhere…lol Im thinking it’s the same one??
That one says 82-86° also for LEDs…hmmm i always went with 82°. Well no higher anyways. That’s a little more lenient… good stuff

3 Likes

Yeah… I tend to leave my temp in veg and cloning around 86…sometimes 88 if it gets too packed in there. But I when they go into the flowering room, I put down the temp to 80-82. Soo I just slightly adjust the humidity to the temps I want to run. Feels always slightly musty in there tho.

2 Likes

@ultrapuff
Thanks for the chart bro.

2 Likes

You’re welcome homie! :facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3::v:t3::herb::fire:

1 Like