Greetings, from Australia

G’day Aussie growers,

I thought I’d start a thread to see if I can find other growers in Australia. I’d love to talk about the envirnmental challanges that you guys face across the country.

I’m from Sydney. Where are you from and how big is your grow!?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

4 Likes

Good day mate.

Not from Aus but loads of my South African friends live there now. I have grown a couple dank strains from Oz, such as Ducks Foot from Wally Duck. Growing conditions are similar in SA and Oz, and we have also had a hot,dry summer. Difficult growing conditions to say the least. Hope to see you posting some of your grows. Cheers.

4 Likes

Not from Australia but wanted to say welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Welcome to the GN forum @growwithmoss
Can I assume that you are growing outdoors, if you are talking about environmental factors. What is the environmental factors that is your concer? Our light schedule changed here in SA on the 2 Feb, my plants started flowering about a week later (10Feb). Our Autumn season starts in March not the beginning of February. 3 to 4 weeks less veg time outdoors. We also had a warm and dry summer this year in SA like @chrisj said, but some places had alot of rain and some places not enough or nothing.

2 Likes

Welcome to GN. I’m in Oklahoma, USA. Worlds apart. I love reading about different countries and growing weed. I’m very blessed to live in Smokelahoma.lol, where its legal. I’m allowed 6 flowering and 6 seedlings. Currently I have White Widow and Harlequin in flower and 7 in veg. Will be growing outside soon also.
Hope you enjoy this forum. I learn a lot here!

3 Likes

G’day mate

Right now we are in a Blizzard warning mode in Buffalo NY, I grow indoors and it’s illegal here to grow period, medical cannabis is legal, I am a patient. Welcome

3 Likes

Hey, Thanks for the reply!

I’ve just started indoors. Have been outdoors before but thought I’d try inside! I’ve bought myself a 100cm x 100cm tent and a 450 watt Viper Spectra Light (Dim-able Veg and Bloom).

I have 2 feminised Pineapple Express seedlings at the moment. One was planted 25 days ago and has been severely stunted because my tent was in the wrong room in my house - it got to 37 degrees Celsius!

I have since moved my tent into the garage where it’s averaging 26 degrees Celsius at the moment. Much better! The first Pineapple is recovering (It’s going to be small though unfortunately) but the second Pineapple Express seed that I planted is 7 days in and looking reeaallyyyy good so far - I think.

I’d love to know what I should be feeding them? Any good Australian brands?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

2 Likes

What medium are you growing in ? That wil depend when you can start feeding and I normally start feeding when the little Cotyledon leafs Die Off. Again, depending on your medium.
Start off with a 1/4 strength of nutes and work your way up after week 3 or 4. Depending on how long your are vegging the plants.
Sorry No idea what nutes are available Down Under…

3 Likes

I mixed together 1/4 peat moss with 3/4 of propagation mix I got from the local hardware shop.

To be honest, I haven’t planned on a veg duration. I just wanted to let them go and make a decision based on how they look. Again, this is my first indoor grow - it’s all very exciting!

A friend of has been growing for a couple of years and swears by Seasol (Seasol - Seaweed Concentrate)

Do you think this will suffice? I’d love to find something here specific to growing cannabis…business idea?

1 Like

@growwithmoss Nigel is a beauty in the video. As he says its not a nutrient its an overall health tonic. Damn good stuff it is. You might want to look at their other range of products for a vegetative growth nutrient high in nitrogen and another nutrient for later on during flowering growth. Seasol will help you nevertheless and if a mate says it works take his advice.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! HAHAHA I didn’t even see that video. That’s amazing. Good onya Nigel

As for the rest, thanks for the info, I’ll have another look at the store tomorrow and see what they have in stock!

2 Likes

Get green planet nutrients.cant go wrong.

hi @rod , interesting strains you have going there. Aussie Ducksfoot, that was the original that was found several years ago? It came from the breeder WallyDuck?

1 Like

You have a mate in the bush who gave you some bag seed that clearly contained ducksfoot. Hand onto those seeds and friend. That is a great story. The hermie part is the problem part of the story, you dont really want hermies in your genetics. So keep an eye out for them. Looking forward to seeing what you produce from the freakshow and ducksfoot, hey @Slym3r .

My speciality, I grow it all. Whatever I get my hands on. I grew out ducksfoot about 12 years ago and loved it. Also had a mate who bred some hybrid seeds which I still have somewhere. Our season has just begun here in South Africa, still no plans as to what I am going to grow. but its coming along.

2 Likes

Hey From Sydney I run a soil grow(Greenthumb Turbodirt+Root Roids+Fruit Roids) in one house and a RDWC in another house, all nutrients are H&G, w/ HLG Scorpion Diablo lights. Bit new at this but seem to be doing good, have a few mates that help so I’m kind of going all out

3 Likes

Hey there @fothaloveofcash , welcome to GN.

1 Like

Gday from Oz.
I’m in Perth. First post, so hi to everyone.
I’ve been reading a lot of great advice and interesting grows on GN.
I grow indoors, got a 3x3 tent which I run 4 x 20L pots, and a 2.5 x 5 foot tent which has 2 x 25L and 1 x 20L pot. I am growing in coco and use Canna coco nutes, I add Cal Mag additive and some extra PK when flowering and monster bud. I drain to waste and have 2 x 140L tanks feeding into 2 x 80L tanks. I am using Grow lights Australia LEDs 340w 4 panels, I also have Buddies LEDs stick on to the sides of tent.
Here is a link to check them out.

These really help out with the yield especially in the lower branches.
I am growing 4 Afghans in one tent and 1 Afghan and 2 mental floss in the other this grow. I’ve got a couple of new strains I’m trying next up too, sprouted a Pisthash and an incredible bulk for my next grow.
Anyway good to finally post to this forum from Aus.

2 Likes