Grow 2-Jilly Bean and Flu Shot Cough x G13 Haze Fem Photoperiod

@dirt51 the Plant Kingdom is pretty amazing…I know I’ve been addicted to their form and function for pretty much a lifetime! Even at that, there’s a WHOLE LOT MORE to be learned!

Indulge yourself in the beauty and diversity all around us!
Take a look at Hap’s cactus, just magnificent…so enjoy and soak up as much as you can…you won’t be here forever!

6 Likes

Hi Bob:

@TheMadFlascher

I got a couple pictures just before what I think is the last BBP application?

With the male plant gone, the 3 females have a lot more room. I’m hoping this helps with the humidity as the weeks go along.

That FSC plant is growing like crazy. I keep bending it over to keep it from getting to close to the light. It looks just like the JB plants, so I am pretty sure it’s budding up like the others.

The FSC plant is in the back right corner of the tent and the close up is of the FSC buds forming.

8 Likes

They look really really good!
Soon another defoliation and you’re golden.

5 Likes

dirt, if you’ve applied your last BBP spray 14 days post flip at the 2ml/8 oz rate you are FINISHED with your BBP apps…nothing to do now but sit back and wait for the ‘magic’
Have fun!
Bob

7 Likes

Too easy. Love it.

3 Likes

I just got my springtime seed shipment from Chitown today, with some interesting looking freebies.

@MrMonkey420 @nacho151 @happilyretired @truthhound @sssportsmfg @PreyBird1 @TheMadFlascher
@automatik

I am thinking of doing 3 Auto-flowers in 5 gallon pots, outside on my deck. I’ve got a real nice sunny spot I cleared out in my backyard that I am thinking of putting a 10 gallon pot or two in and growing some photo plants and might try one in the ground and see how that goes. Besides the new freebie Reg seeds, I have couple XXX Fem seeds from Ethos too. Going to be an all Ethos grow, it looks like.

Growing outside, in the yard, I worry about deers, racoons, etc. So I am not going to get my hopes up.

Here’s a picture of the seeds and some current shots of the 2 plants in 3 gallon pots-the JB in Pro Mix and the FSC in Roots Organic.

Same bud, top view:

FSC:

And top down view of the same bud:

10 Likes

If you want to keep animals like deer and rabbits away from your outdoor plants, grow marigolds next to them. Deer and rabbits don’t like the smell or taste of marigolds and will avoid snacking on anything growing near them.

7 Likes

Thanks for your support and have a great day.

Automatik

8 Likes

I don’t have issues with raccoons,or rabbits eating them but the deer eat everything I plant, Cannabis goes behind 6’ privacy fence, that covers deer, helps with wind, and thrives, and any nosey people. As for any trees or shrubs, I put up 6’ fence around. I do plant marigolds dill, chives, catnip, to help with bugs. If your concerned about deer, then I would protect them cuz they will eat them to the stem.

5 Likes

Well it’s better than pigs & choppers!!! :pig2: :helicopter: :helicopter:

5 Likes

@TheMadFlascher @happilyretired @nacho151 @PreyBird1 @truthhound @Dforce @MrMonkey420

Morning all. I thought I would just post an update to the journal. My 3 plants have been growing well, I think. I haven’t been doing too much to them other than feed and training. I do have to keep bending them down under the netting to keep them from getting into the lights. I defoliate pretty regularly but it doesn’t look like it in the picture.

Thanks to BBP I’ve been able to keep bouncing up the amount of nutes I feed each night. I have gotten to double the recommended dose on the Dakine feed chart and the leaves keep looking pretty good.

As a side note, my next grow—my springtime outdoor grow-is getting rolling.

I’ve been reading up what @TheMadFlascher has been writing about Earth Dust. So I bought some. I am going to grow 4 Autoflowers and 1 Fem photoperiod plant in it. Not sure how it will go because I am going to use my well water. However, I did buy the inline hose carbon filter, to try and get out any impurities. So just BBP and water for them. The will be 4 Ethos AF’s and 1 Ethos Fem seed.

Here’s some pictures from today:

The canopy this morning:

And the Earth Dust project:

14 Likes

Will be fun to watch your outdoor grow !
You can really grow some monsters outdoors!

It will be a good test of the Earth Dust. Larger plants present a lot more nutrient demand so I’m curious if the ED can satisfy that demand…not a big deal…we can always supplement nutes if the need arises!

Your indoor looks excellent! There’s going to be a lot of ‘magic’ going on there and I’m sure you’re going to appreciate the progression!!!

8 Likes

To date Bob the Earth Dust can’t even handle a normal inside grow without deficiencies, and I put it in at just under the top of the reccommended amount. 35 tablespons would have been full strength, and I did 33, plus 1 tablespoon per gallon of the boost. I have 4 strains going and all of them were hungry for more. The top is 5 I think you would be safe at 8 tablespoons per gallon.

I made up some top dressing and figured out how much Earth dust each gallon of top dressing soil mix would be the right amount and then added that to 6 gal of soil mix rather than dig up the top two or three inches of my pots, I just left the soil a little low and added some more soil with all the boost in it.

Just did that today. I now have every bug known to man making a beeline to my grow room, the guano’s in the boost has a powerful stench of guano shit to it. lol. Really stinking up a storm.

Marty

3 Likes

I have found that right at 40 days plus or minus a little they start showing sex, at least the Fems seeds do. But also I only run 16 hours of light rather than 18, I think that two hours helps them to show sex sooner.

Marty

4 Likes

Thanks Marty, that’s good news!!!

Come on baby, make it STINK sooooo Good!

3 Likes

That buddy of mine that I started the Gold leaf for wanted to try the Earth dust too. He called me today and was putting his soil together. I told him to go 50% heavy. or 60 Tablespoons per 8 gal on the base and then add 16 tablespoons of the boost. He is running pure coco. So in 4 weeks when it’'s cooked we gonna see if it’s too much, I really don’t think it will be, I have been supplementing with full strength organic nutes every water and the Runtz is still a little pale.

Marty

4 Likes

I don’t even understand the thinking here. If you’re gonna grow organic with organic nutrients and all of the goodies to decompose organics to produce food for the plant. And then you’re grown in a neutral media. Makes absolutely no sense to me. I have read their descriptions on their website several times, and yes it says you can grow in cocoa, but that doesn’t mean you should. You’re showing deficiencies because you think the little bit of powder you put in there is going to be enough to support the plant through a hole grow. I don’t believe that’s the case. I believe The earth dust would be best used as a supplement to boost the availability of the nutrients in the media as well as adding to it. I’m going the other direction. I’m using use potting soil that has been used 2 to 3 times. It has had organics from the chicken coop and minerals added to it several times. So we will see over the summer how it goes using a organic media that’s somewhat depleted with the earth dust. It’ll be about a month before I put my plants out. I have the soil in barrels cooking right now.:v:t3::+1:t3:

5 Likes

Everything has been growing good. It’s like the BBP set these plants on auto-pilot. I’ve just been feeding and pushing the nutes and backing off now and then when it looks like too much. I’m using Dakine 420’s sample pack, but had to order some more. I did add the other blooming product, Shock and Awe to the mix as well now.

I wanted to ask you guys about flushing. On my first grow I did not flush. The weed seems pretty decent but tastes bad if you smoke it. So I just vape it. So, growing these plants using Dakine 420 nutes, do you guys recommend a flush? I am in grow tent with 2 nets so lifting them out of there is pretty much impossible without making mess. I was hoping, to flush using the same amount of fluid as I do now but just use plain distilled water. That way everything gets caught in the saucer.

Here’s a few pictures I just took. They are now in week 5 since flipping to 12/12.

The 2 shots above are the FSC, the reg seed freebie from Chitown. I looked it up-it comes from Relic Seeds.

Below are two shots of the Jilly Bean in the 3 gal pot and in Pro Mix:

@TheMadFlascher @nacho151 @MrMonkey420 @sssportsmfg @happilyretired @PreyBird1 @Dforce

7 Likes

I wouldn’t flush them unless they start showing signs of lockout. When they are ready for harvest just turn out the lights for about 48 hours before harvest and it should be just as good as flushing.

4 Likes

Absloutely nothing wrong with flushing them out. Then just go back to your regular feed schedule, I had to flush mine using Dakine at almost exactly where you are at time wise. I opened the tent one morning and had the start of burnt yellow leaves all through the tent. It just got a little too hot I was running full strength Dakine. And the best flush you can give them is a week before harvest just water them with water and an inocculant lke Recharge, it will help use up the residule nutes, and clean the soil at the same time.

Edit…plants look great BTW !!

Marty

2 Likes