Grow auto in smaller pots before i put them out side

I have a guestion about growing autos from seedlings in grow tent in small pots and then putting them in bigger pots and putting them outside when the weather is better here in the northeast. I have read that auto don’t do well transplanting from one pot to the next and you should plant them in the container you intend to grow them in. I was going to put them in five gallon smart pots but can only put one five gallon pot in my 2x2 grow tent and was wondering what people thought about putting them in one gallon pots in my 2x2 then putting them in the 5 gallon pots when ready to put outside

4 Likes

Good Day advice from me about Autos should be taken with a grain of salt :slight_smile:

I have not done so well growing them :frowning:

The ones I am working with this time I started them in a paper towel to sprout

moved them to 1 gallon pots to grow for a bit than put them in their final pots

5 gallons

I am growing them inside but back in 2022 I did put some outside that were well

rooted in 16 oz solo cups and put in the ground outside

they did well

all the best and enjoy the day

Dequilo

5 Likes

Biggest thing with auto’s is they’re on a timeline so when up potting you may stunt them a bit but honestly should be fine, i wouldn’t up pot more then once tho but thats just my opinion and experience. I normally go straight to a 5 gallon pot and let em go :metal::beers:

4 Likes

So my take is how long r u planning on keeping ut inside?? If just a couple.weeks my day would be put ut un atleast a 5 gallon tall narrow pot fabric or anything easy to take the bag off upon transplant. Dig a hole bugger than and fill with good soil ffof or kind of like them plant the plant. Taller pots give more room for the tap to shoot down and not bittom out rarly and possibly trigger flower. A guy on another forum has been using the taller pots for autos and does kuller with them and he is all organic stuff @jj520 can tell u meeasy does killer grows

4 Likes

I would put them both in the 1 gallon pots that way they grow similar or the one in the smaller pot will take off once the roots hit the side of the pots and move them both to fives or maybe even a little bigger outdoors

Most definitely easy grow some killer plants all organic he goes with the little bigger pot that way the microbes have time to break down the organics for food
I grow with salts i e Jack’s nutrients and this lady started out in a Solo and was topped in the solo and then moved into the three gallon bag she’s an auto she wasn’t stunted one bit I think it’s all in how you transplant you’ve got to give some extra beneficials in there for some extra love :wink::v:t2:

3 Likes

I decided to try this myself this year. The first picture is March 10 when the seeds were planted and their perspective media. The cups were then transplanted to bigger bags. I think they were half gallon. And the second picture is When they went outside 10 days ago April 29. they didn’t miss a lick and their swelling nicely.

6 Likes

Oh yeah there looking real nice :+1:t2:

6 Likes

i will check into taller pots. I don’t want to dig a hole outside because the ground is not so good.clay and rocks . plus i like the idea of them being in fabric pots in case i decide to move them. I am going to put a fence around them to keep them safer from critters and deer. I almost have one grow under my belt. a trinty clone in my 2x2 tent. I will cut her down in abpout 10 days

5 Likes

Nice forst harvest is a good one. Makes unfeel u avvomplished something

2 Likes