Grow house to eventual Nursery

Yo Gromies, I’m Alex live in Ontario. I’m sick of waiting watching wishing and dreaming. I have a passion and a talent when it comes to growing weed. I have my ACMPR, when I renew in November of this year I will be getting the max, as well as I will be designated by another max patient. This will give me the legal ability to grow over 850 pot plants anywhere in Canada. I am looking for 2 other passionate single people (or one couple with no kids) who want to make the leap with me. I receive about 2500$ a month from private insurance and would like to relocate to a small town. We need to be capable of devoting ALL of our time to perfecting our craft. I do not wish to sell weed illegally… or legally really. The Canadian cannabis market is extremely saturated with processing and sales. I want to forgo that and work on a nursery level while developing our own genetics. I rarely drink and would need people committed to not partying or bringing random people back to a place we are growing 850 pot plants. I believe that with 2 other people that share the drive and passion we will be able to go for nursery licensing within 2 years time. At that point we can obtain a tentative license provided proper security upgrades. For those we can obtain an agricultural grant from the federal government if all goes well, as nurseries are far more lucrative than cultivation for sale. With the ACMPR it is considered discrimination for a landlord to tell me I cannot grow regardless of the provincial laws about home growing. If you feel like me hit me up.

4 Likes

Hi @bohnz

Welcome to GN and an exciting introduction. Sounds like you on to something with a big chapter in your life. Surely you would be looking for specific places to grow, more suitable environments? Sounds like its all happening in Canada.

4 Likes

Yes sir! This is my way forward, and I know there are a lot of people who feel like me. Working to survive can’t be what life is about. Canada is where I’m from and with the ACMPR here it allows me to grow a lot of plants legally. This allows for a lot of SCIENCE. Obviously I would prefer to find an affordable green house, however any large detached building with electricity will do with the proper retro fits. My income is guaranteed, would be will to spend up to 1500 for rent, and would prefer to all relocate to a low cost town (some do exist in Canada).

4 Likes

How would the nursery aspect work and how do you plan on releasing the genetics. I’m located in Ontario all I do is canna related stuff most of the day anyways. Never really put much thought into the genetics side of it but it sound like you have things planned out. Would you eventually apply for a nursery license or would it be under acmpr

3 Likes

Apply for the actual licensing eventually. I’ve done a lot of research into every license, as well as into the markets. Nursery is one of the more profitable low man businesses in the cannabis industry, second the fact that it counts as agriculture which qualifies for like a million government grants. So you can obtain a tentative license provided you meet security measures, which you can then take to the fed and provincial government to get agri grants to do the security. Thats the actual easy part ahahaha, the first couple years are the hard part. The actual genetics, retrofitting space, buying equipment with our own money, hard work and elbow grease but for this outcome I am fucking DOWN.

4 Likes

It sounds like you’ve put alot of thought into this and this is definitely one of the most interesting proposals I’ve come across. Would most of the growing be indoors/greenhouse? Would you require seperate licenses for each province?

3 Likes

Yes at first at least. With the ACMPR I have to choose my method on the license. However micro cultivation just states a maximum of 200m2 of flowering canopy, and 100m2 of germ/clones/seeding/mothers. As for each province no, in Canada as it is a federal law the licensing is federal so anywhere just like the ACMPR. The cool thing about the ACMPR is as long as we follow safety guidelines no landlord can tell me I can’t grow my medicine as it is discrimination.

4 Likes