Grow room in freezing cold

Hi. Broken phone. I think I need more insulation and fill in all cracks. And vent the ac infinity out the hole where the old wood stove was. Still having major condensation problems but not in the grow room. It’s the other un insulated part that’s really bad. We’ve had temps go from 35 raining last few days to 9 later this week. I had helpers who just stopped helping. And I’m not in best of health. I was climbing up top the grow room ceiling and moved all the stuff up there and found light from room so I have a few leaks that need to be plugged.

2 Likes

When I use my 4th Gavita it’s just to hot. So I’m going to take down the 6x6 small room and just make 1 big 15x15 I think that’s the measure. Growing autos right now for some fast meds. Have about 22 more started. So the small wall should really go. Any ideas ? If you grow in a cold climate it’s really a challenge.

2 Likes

I can’t afford to heat a 20 x40 pole barn that’s not insulated. And I’m going crazy over this which is already a short trip lol

2 Likes

I have plenty of insulation. Do you think it’s the leaks. I found a really big one or 2 when I was up top

2 Likes

Now your phone is fixed can we see the issue? Did you read my response? How can you have condensation if it’s vented out of the pole barn. I still think its a venting issue. Water from your grow watering/irrigation is is hitting the cold air and condensating. It needs to leave the pole barn completly before it condensates again and trickles back into the venting needs to be on a slant so it can drain outside also if it builds up.

Will post some pics soon. Waiting on Christmas company to evacuate my house lol the guests that wouldn’t leave. Been here 3 weeks now.

2 Likes

3 weeks. GTFO! Lol jk. I jave very little family to come and visit. But 3 weeks wow.

1 Like

It’s heat from the grow room making condensation. So I have a new ac infinity to add more air movement.

3 Likes

Try hauling air in to ur room from inside barn passive air in and use multiple exhaust fans to evacuate. @PreyBird1 is right but if u plan to use whole barn eventually u will need to insulate the whole thing at some point. Btw 4x the air out than air in creates solid negative air in ur room try two 8" fans for exhaust and just a single 8" air in hole no fan (from barn) it will guarantee no air will escape back into barn;)

2 Likes

Seems this is a old thread? Done and over with?@phatjr. Asking because I have a 217 year old 2 1/2 story barn. Only one area sweats the rest doesn’t and I think I know why. Might help fyi.