Grow tent heater recommendations

I’m looking for heater recommendations that won’t break the bank, I know this is kinda hard to ask for seeing 120v heaters are costly to run anyhow so I would like a programmable one.
I’m having trouble with my basement tent grow even with it next to my forced air heater. (Living in Michigan doesn’t help) I’m running an LED so I don’t have much heat from the light.
Anybody have a set up I could look at that keeps the climate controlled nicely?
Thank you.

2 Likes

I am looking for the very same thing. Ill keep an eye out and let you know what I find.

4 Likes

My suggestion would be to get an inkbird controller that let’s you set your high and low temps @dillydilly. Then you can use a space heater, fan driven, that you can put next to your ventilation intake. Or check Growers House for grow heaters.
But I used my 1st option that works great.
:v:

4 Likes

naturally is how this site gets utilized. its wonderful to see. not someone constantly selling merch at every opportunity.

in my eyes that’s what makes gh awesome.

ty is a super awesome grower!! wont steer you wrong!

5 Likes

I’ll look into this idea! Thank you!

2 Likes

I use a reptile ceramic heat element with a terra thermostat this helped alot during the ny winters and I’m using it now in fla. Due to wonky temps past few weeks

3 Likes

In the summer time I have issues with my tent getting too cold from the air conditioning in the house. I have an ink bird controller and a small 200watt heater from amazon to keep the chill off at night. Works well. Just keep in mind your power consumption as space heaters can draw a lot of current. lots of people are using the oil filled radiant heaters as well

3 Likes

My suggestion would be the oil filled kind like 25 bucjs at wally world if other ways dont work out. They work gr8 and dont blow heat at any one spot

4 Likes

Too cold from your AC? Typical AC temps in a home are around 75 degrees. I live in STL MO so summers get hot here and humid too with the confluence of the two largest US rivers coming together here. Typical mid summer days are mid 90’s. to high 90’s with occasional over 100 days. What temps do you grow at?

2 Likes

My basement gets real cold in the summer time. it was getting down to 65F in the tent at night so I have the small heater in there to keep it above 70F when lights are off. Lights on is not usually an issue, especially in flower I will have two lights going so there is plenty of heat. I’ve recently gutted the basement and insulated the walls so this year may be different. Some changes to the duct work are also in progress so I can better throttle the ac into the room my tent is in. Target temp in tent is 77F

5 Likes

Basement grower here to in northern in. I have an oil based heater looks like old radiator. Have ot on low and it seems to keep Temps in ordwr

3 Likes

If the lowest it gets at night is 65 u r golden. Thats an ideal good night temp especially if 77bis daytime temps. 10 to 15 degree lower at night time it will help bring out colors if u let it get a bit cooler just stay above 60 and ull like the turnouts

4 Likes