Growernick's SECOES Microbial Bloom Study

SECOES Microbial Bloom Study

PURPOSE:

To demonstrate that plants grown/flowered with SECOES will be healthier and grow robustly and vigorously. This will be a subjective growth study based observation and inference. This will be solely a Bloom study.

HYPOTHESIS:

Plants (4 cultivars) treated with the SECOES Microbial will test higher in total cannabinoid/terpene content than similar cultivars grown without SECOES.

METHOD:

4 plants will receive the SECOES Microbial. There will be no other alterations to normal cultivation methodology other than the elimination of use of other microbial inoculations (these formulas having been replaced by the SECOES). Growth rates will be measured and finished product will be analyzed for total cannabinoid/terpene content.

I will utilize Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete on off days when plants are not fed SECOES (i.e. every other feeding). I will use one 325 watt Lumigrow LED. I will report my findings with pictures weekly.

I will immediately begin blooming within the second feeding to gain quick results. I will harvest as soon as the plants are fully mature and will begin analysis of cannabinoid/terpene content immediately post-curing.

MATERIALS:

1 3x3 Plant House grow tent
1 Lumigrow 325 watt LED grow light
4 Root Pouch 10 gallon fabric pots
2 2 cubic foot bags Batch 64 Pioneer coco mix
Elite Nutrients(https://growershouse.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=elite)
SECOES Microbial (2 gallon)
4 Fully vegged plants (various strains)

STUDY COMMENCES MARCH 8, 2018

Day 1: Plants receive Elite Nutrients with Enzymes Komplete and are placed in the 3x3 Plant House grow tent. They are then allowed to rest before the 6 hour dark period.

secoes

Day 2: Plants receive initial dose of SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16 ml per gallon of water. The plants are hand-watered an equal amount of the nutrients at a quantity of ½ gallon per plant.

Day 3: Plants are quite saturated today. They are allowed to rest. Dry day. Plants will be observed tomorrow to determine whether a feeding/watering is warranted. Thus far the plants, having been treated with the SECOES, are retaining more moisture than normal. I believe this phenomenon could be seen as a benefit to utilization of SECOES Microbes (or perhaps better stated, the microbes are better utilizing the available micronutrients and macronutrients in the rhizosome).

Day 4: (Mar. 11) Light schedule changed to 12/12 to induce flowering. All plants are still visibly saturated. Dry day #2.

Day 5: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 6: Plants receive SECOES at a rate of 16 ml per gallon of water

Day 7: Dry day. Again, after receiving yesterday’s dose of SECOES, the plants are all still visibly saturated and heavy when handled. Today will be the third dry day since the inception of this grow study.

WEEK ONE SUMMARY:

After just one week of utilizing the SECOES Microbial, I have been able to minimize my use of both fertilizers and water in general.

I have observed no adverse reaction to the SECOES in any of my plants and the growth rate is comparable to other methods of fertilization, just with overall less water/fertilizer use.

Day 8: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 9: Dry day. Again, the medium is still saturated, but the plants appear quite healthy.

Day 10: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 11: (One week of bloom) Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 12:(Mar. 19) Plants are still saturated. Dry Day.

Day 13: Dry Day

Day 14: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

WEEK TWO SUMMARY:

After two weeks of use I am quite pleased with the results of the SECOES (I must admit I’m also a bit surprised by how much less fertilizer I am using). If this phenomenon continues over the course of this study, I suspect use of the SECOES will, at the very least, yield a tremendous cost savings both in fertilizer and overall water consumption. The plants all look healthy.

Day 15: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 16: Dry day

Day 17: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 18: (Two weeks of bloom) Dry day

Day 19: (Mar. 26) Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 20: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 21: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

WEEK THREE SUMMARY:

After three weeks of study, I can say that with the use of the SECOES, I am able to cut my overall fertilizer and water consumption by about 1/3 of my regular use. If my yields are comparable to previous yields grown with other microbes available on the market, I will be permanently switching to the SECOES in my larger cultivation spaces. The combination of the savings in both nutrients and water combined with the low MSRP on the SECOES make switching to the SECOES a very easy and reasonable choice to make.

Day 22: Dry day

Day 23: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 24: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 25: (Apr. 1) Dry day

Day 26: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 27: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 28: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 29: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

WEEK FOUR SUMMARY:

As we close in on the four-week mark of flowering, I can comfortably say that the SECOES Microbial is making a difference. I am seeing growth rates similar to those I have observed with competitor’s microbes. I am excited to see further results.

Day 30: (Apr. 6)Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 31: Dry day

Day 32: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 33: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 34: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 35: Dry day

Day 36: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 37: (Apr. 13) Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 38: Dry day

WEEK FIVE SUMMARY:
It appears that the SECOES is increasing the trichome content of the flowers. I don’t see a demonstrable increase in weight, but it sure seems that the buds have more trichomes than a set of control flowers growing in another space. The room is very fragrant. I am definitely excited to see what more the SECOES does for these flowers.

Day 39: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 40: Dry day

Day 41: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 42: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 43: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 44: (Apr. 20) Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 45: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

WEEK SIX SUMMARY:
The trichome development on these plants is off the charts! I am super impressed by how this product is increasing the trich production and terp profile on these plants. I am looking forward to testing the SECOES more in the future. Dare I say I might be replacing my current microbe with the SECOES? Stay tuned!

Day 46: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 47: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 48: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 49: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 50: (Apr. 26) Dry day

Day 51: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 52: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

WEEK SEVEN SUMMARY:
After seven weeks of use, I am fully convinced of the efficacy of this product! The SECOES is boosting my trichome through the roof! I’m loving this stuff!

Day 53: Dry day

Day 54: Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 55: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water

Day 56: (May 2) Plants receive Elite Nutrients and Enzymes Komplete

Day 57: Plants receive SECOES Microbial at a rate of 16ml per gallon of water FLUSH

Day 58: Flush with fresh H20

Day 59: Dry day

WEEK EIGHT SUMMARY:
I’m convinced the SECOES has thoroughly changed my growing process. I can’t believe how frost covered these plants are compared to previous grows. I am quite familiar with these cultivars and I have never seen them so covered with thrichomes. I will be using the SECOES from here on out on all my future grows! Flushing is almost complete, harvest at the end of the week.

Day 60: Flush

Day 61: Dry day

Day 62: Flush

Day 63: Dry day

Day 64: Flush

Day 65: Dry day

Day 66: Harvest

HARVEST SUMMARY:
Ok, so the plants are down, dried and the finished product is in. The smoke is clear and smooth, zero harshness. Burns evenly, no crackling or snapping. Taste is AMAZING! The terps are crazy strong. The psychoactive effect is awesome! I love these microbials that are being produced by SECOES. I will replace my current microbe because I feel the SECOES produced a superior finished product. I will definitely be a lifelong buyer!

8 Likes

Looking good @Growernick! What’s the SECOES product look like, any shots of the product itself?

3 Likes

So, to in response to your question, Jordan: I received a prototypical label when I initially received the product. I have reached out to the manufacturer to see if they want me to publish a pic of that label. The manufacturer indicated they would rather I wait for them to finish the labeling and packaging process prior to my taking pics and sharing that info. As soon as I have received a corrected label or product with the labeling that will be used when SECOES comes to market, I will take pics and publish that data for everyone here at GNET.

4 Likes

Sounds great, thank you for the explanation!

3 Likes

You’re welcome. I’m really excited to move forward with this study and
share the results. This product is really exciting!

3 Likes

I am really excited how quickly this product has shown results. Following up with you yesterday was great to here how well the plants are reacting to the microbes. Top Shelf!

3 Likes

How is this going this week?

2 Likes

The study is going very well! Thus far I’m very surprised and encouraged by how the SECOES is allowing me to save water and nutrients. We are entering the third week of the study and already I can confidently say that I am using about a third less water and nutrients thanks to the SECOES. It will be interesting to see how the plants consume nutrients as their nutrient needs increase in further weeks of blooming.

I am eager to start using SECOES all the way through from beginning vegetative growth to full cycle blooming. Do I see another grow study on our horizon?

Stay tuned!

6 Likes
**Here are a few pictures of our testers results in prior studies!**

Check out our Website for more!

6 Likes