Growing indoor organic CBD

White Widow has to be the slowest vegg process, not sure if I am effecting it, but the HB are clearly outgrowing in the same conditions…looking to pick up another tent and light to create a better perpetual cycle, been using a doom and 52 watt LED that doesn’t cut it.

2 Likes

@bullfrog420 @Slym3r @LoCoRocK @daurwid @mj1 @sssportsmfg @lacombe82 Update would love any feedback the experts have.

1 Like

Are you saying that the HB is outgrowing the WW?
It looks like you may be overwatering the HB due to the yellow leaf tips. They are babies right now and don’t need too much. I know if you can put your finger in the soil and it feels damp, moist or wet, it’s not time to water.
It also looks like you are using different soil conditions for your WW vs your HB based on how they look, maybe there’s a nutrient deficiency in the WW bucket? OOOO, you said you are only doing a 52 Watt LED light for the entire tent? That might not be enough. Might have been enough when the WW was tiny, but it’s bigger now. I ran 6x 100W-150W equivalent LEDs in my tents.
I’m not sure - I’ll defer to better experts than myself.

2 Likes

Is it normally at 80 in there?

Between 75-80, 80 daytime and 75 at night…

1 Like

I don’t think that is it, 68-78 is close to perfect in my opinion but I keep my room at a little cooler at max/min temps. Nothing wrong with letting the temp drop during the light off portion of the day. Those temps are pretty much what I run my girls in except I don’t let em get that close to 80, I keep my room at max 73 during the light on, and down to 64 at night. Has always worked for me. Here is this morning half hour after the light came on, the room hasn’t warmed up yet. Of course it is warmer the higher up in the tent you get, I have my Infinity fan set to come on at 75 degrees mid tent. My temp gauge sitting right on top of my SF-4000 light only reads 80 and it is 2 feet from the tops.

Look at the min/max temps 64 nighttime 88 daytime sitting on top the light driver.

2 Likes

Yeah, the HB is a week younger and is bigger, they are the same soil, the HB has composted bark mulch as a top layer… The light is an ROI 680 turned to 60%. the 52 watt was the starting bulb. Yeah I am watering every 3 days on the big pot and every other on the smaller. Slow watering over the course of 2-3 hours as well to make sure the soil is getting evenly damp. But yeah I have no idea, this is my first indoor grow.

1 Like

hi,

the best advise i can give u is to listen and learn from some of these mems. an conduct an extensive amt of research…

iv never grown cbd.

but hope i will soon…

Best,
MJ

1 Like

Thank you that’s the plan, trying to lower the temp and use less water to see if it speeds up the growth, thank you all for the help!

2 Likes

Yeah, your plants look amazing, I think I might have gotten a little over zealous with the watering…

1 Like

:handshake: :v:t4: :metal:t4: :v:t4:

2 Likes

Yes if you are watering every three days you are watering too much, those are small plants in medium pots, you can probably go a week between waterings maybe more. I only water every 4 days with the plants you see above in my temp post 1 gal. of water/nutes in 5 gal pots.

Try a little humic acid/cal mag in low strength next time you water. I use dry 90% organic humic acid and mix a tablespoon in three gallons of water and use a good cal/mag supplement at about 1/3 strength should green them up. But wait until they need water.

HTH

3 Likes

Update week 5/6

1 Like

I completely disagree with the mimic the outdoor theory and the cooler night temps. Every location and region is different to grow in with different outside envorinments. There are places herb grows amazing that never get below 75 at night at times. Look at the u.s. at one given time where I lived up in the mountains of colorado at 10k feet elevation where my humidity was always between 16-22%,thats it, and the nights got to 50-60 degrees with day time temps being 80. That same time period in Tn it can be 100% humidity with day temps in the 90s and night temps also in the 90s, sometimes hotter. So…my input of knowledge for you…try to keep the rooms as close to 75 as you can, I sometimes leave my early veg rooms like babies and such at 77 degrees. Make sure your humidity is around 50%. Humidity has dictated some of my grows more than the temps. The key is to try to keep a 5 degree or less split in temps between day and night. Its the excessive split that causes a lot of problems for early plants. Again, just my 2 cents. Remember tho,this advice is mainly for your young babbies. Theres different things you can do later in the flower process with temps and cooler nights…but again thats farther into the flowering.
A problem i see reoccuring here is theres several people that text and email me questions that are the basics, then they turn around and give advice like they have done this for years. I do not have any individual person it realy is quite a few people. Not just on this forum, Im making an open statement with all of the different things Im into, like building boats and bow fishing, raising livestock, etc. So,i dont say that to discourage or cause problems…i say this with the hope you really listen to me. RESEARCH every info someone gives advice on before you execute their advice. This will boost your knowledge, and help you with more successs when its hands on time. Ive been doing this for quite a while commercial and residential now and I will still fully listen to what someones advice is,and I still research a lot,this keeps my head rite and helps keep the info fresh in my head when its things i haven’t had to deal with in a while,like phantom death…uhg… Sorry for the overly explanation. Also…we got video capabilities now!!! Even more Awesome!!! Hahahaha
1 more: soil,be careful what soil or mix you use. I opened a nice name brand fox farm bag one time at all seasons store in Nashville years ago and gnats flew out of it when I opened it, and I was a fox farm nut back then. Lol

3 Likes

Whats under the floor in your tent? Carpet, concrete, wood?

1 Like

Thank you for the well thought advice, the person who gave me the night time advice was in person and was talking about flowering and not the entire lifecycle. That was my error. I am working on keeping a more constant temp and RH, I’m closer to 75-80 right now with 55-60% RH. The picture above was with the tent open for watering and dropped to 47%. I try and to read and think about peoples input as much as I can before I make any changes. I was over watering so the advice did help me sort that out. My biggest challenge was/is dialing in the environment. The soil base I used was Coast of Maine, it’s my first try and cooked it with some amendments for 3-4 weeks before I potted anything and haven’t seen any fly’s yet. I plant to just reuse this soil with more amendments and worm castings from a local guy around here. Lived in CO also, that’s where I fell in love with the sweetest girl…Mary Jane. Wicked pumped to see some videos! Thank you again!

1 Like

@bullfrog420 Carpeting, 2nd floor, in my “office.”

1 Like

Awesome. I had set my ladies in catch trays on the concrete floor before. The room temp and humidity where dead on, yet my ladies where slow and having problems. I know now hahaha That concrete stayed cold and was chilling my medium and roots.

2 Likes

Great to see this. you also can use humic acid for better growth of your plants

1 Like