Growing on a budget

Those are exactly the ones I was looking at. Are you happy with them? Are they accurate enough?

3 Likes

Yes, I am happy with them, accurate I would say so, I started this grow using a test tube with drops, so it’s very close to that.

3 Likes

These are the same ones i use as throw aways

5 Likes

Ph…lol… never had a problem until I started…lol… seriously on other forums I am known to never Ph and never have a problem… with living soil I am beyond convinced I don’t need to… especially with rain water…

4 Likes

Can you grow indoors also with living soil?
What would happen to all the soil wildlife in an indoor scenario?

2 Likes

Yes
I have my worms and clovers in the pots and a praying mantis, all in my tent.
Haven’t had to ph in 1.5 yrs. Don’t even know where the meter is anymore.

4 Likes

Yeah, I am kinda weird with the whole ph stuff myself, I like letting the plant tell me what’s up, but I like pressing buttons, so that part is cool :wink:

4 Likes

lol, same here. I’m fascinated with all the technology and gadgetry.

3 Likes

Absolutely… the only flaw with indoor and this is my opinion… I let the root balls and the clover left on top compost over the winter… when I pull the root ball in spring it is the size of a ping pong ball…and then by the end of April I have bugs roaming again…so where I am going is I do feel you should let your pots rest and compost for 3-4 months… @Packee and I are discussing this for his living soil grows… how to let the carbon amend the soil after a grow… kind of like crop rotation and field rotation…

6 Likes

I see… but could you take a few shovel of outside living soil for an indoor grow for the winter and then after the harvest, return that soil to a pile outside to rest and compost?

2 Likes

You probably could… be no different then mine sitting in pots or a raised bed for the winter…

4 Likes

After I chop, I add my nutrients back and add a layer of Bokashi over and top with more compost and ewc. I water pots for a month with my leftover fulvic and other, before planting clover again, and start another plant. Has worked well for me.

4 Likes

Worms and clovers, if I understand correctly, will help the roots system. What does the praying mantis do?

2 Likes

Patrols my plants for harmful insects like any mites I may carry inside or fungus gnats in there. Plus they’re cool af insects.

4 Likes

Wow, I love that idea. Just because i’m curious (not ready yet for that method), where do you source a Praying Mantis?

1 Like

I bought mine from eBay but can even find them on amazon. Just don’t get the Chinese mantis… made in China, so they break easily and aren’t as good as American mantis lmao.

3 Likes

:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks bro, that was funny as hell!!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yep have to rotate crops. I do that in my garden if you dont all the nutrients will get used up and your will not grow well at all. Ive been talking with the guys at idacal about that 450sqft garden remediation. Possibly living soil and i am trying to test there samples out in some soil grows to see what happens using these 2 samples.

5 Likes

Coast of Maine makes good soil. So does rogue soil. Check em out

5 Likes