Growing on a budget

I would never try to con people. It’s hard enough making an honest living and staying happy. I decided long ago that the way to happiness it treating others like you would like to be treated. It would be a simple thing to pretend, just to get sympathy or some kind of benefits. But where’s the fun in that! I would rather make it on my own than take away something that somebody else worst off than me could use. Call it badly placed Pride if you want but that’s the way I raised myself. I am used to give, not receive. That’s why I feel awkward.

3 Likes

We all are growing on a budget sort of. Some more then others. My story would shock most. I don’t share it. You would offer me charity I assure you. I give back. And pay forward everyday IRL and any other way I can. It’s my way of freeing myself from the trappings of life. Some people don’t understand or see how fortunate they truly have it. I do. So I help where I can. If I slept it would help me sleep at night. Just know this. Your position in life is temporary. All things change. And none of these material things will matter in the end. Not to be morbid. But hold tight to what really means the most to you and everything else will be fine

5 Likes

I know it’s a bit high, but it’s the end of their season here. I would be considered like an emergency contract. (with the fees that goes with it…)

1 Like

I know man. I don’t think you are. I just wanted to get that out there. That’s the type of person I am aswell

2 Likes

I could not have word it better!!! (in fact, I didn’t…you did.) But that’s exactly how I feel.
Thanks for the kind words.

Peace and love have never been outdated. Being bald now, I can’t wear flowers in my hair anymore, but I will gladly smoke them with friendly people.

3 Likes

AS I always say… I AM going to hell… all I have left is my integrity and my honesty… the best I can do now is to slow the free fall and land as gently as I can…I am 51 and have done a lot of bad things in the name of money and what I thought was owed to me to get it… so I accept my life… I have a wife that keeps me nice now…and I have only had to let the old me surface once since we met almost 13 years ago…be a shame to see where I would have been if not for her…

6 Likes

Most of the nicest people I’ve met have been to hell and back! They know how to appreciate the small joys in the world.

4 Likes

Thank you. I know you weren’t talking to me but your words are wonderful. My mom is entering hospice, my son was involved in a fatal car crash, my dog died. I have major condensation problems outside of my grow room and my own health issues. So yes hold on to loved ones and be humble and love and treat others kindly

2 Likes

It just takes a little shift in perception

1 Like

Amen brother. I am to honestly one of those people sadly to say. Im just lucky to be breathing. I have met some very exemplary people here and some of the kindest people. And some very sad stories like mine and many others here and i think i say this for everyone…it is nice to have somewhere to go to talk to people about our woes and our accomplishments. this forum has bacome a home for me. And i truly love being here and the people here. I wish more than anything we could all meet and swap stories buds, seeds, clones. Ha well sorry to blatherscite!

5 Likes

Alot of our tales are very similar. People like us tend to flock together. The budlife choose us :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Lol yes i have been in love with marijuana for 30 yrs! Since a was 15

5 Likes

Over 45 years for me smoking :wink:

5 Likes

40 years for me, and what a ride it has been. And it’s even better now that I grow my own. I’m learning so much new stuff here that I think I will finally be able to level up the experience and explore more of the medicinal side of this wonderfull plant
Many thanks to all of you! :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

6 Likes

Your very welcome! LOOK WHAT JUST GOT
4 are from barney farm YES!

6 Likes

Well, well well. Nice little selection you got there… Happy growing man!!!

4 Likes

Update : I have been spraying the inside of my tent and my plants with insecticidal soap 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks.
The only living bug in my tent now are a couple of ladybugs that had found their way in my home for the winter, so I decided to give them a buffet and a place to live in my tent…
Finally, yesterday, I emptied the whole tent. Washed everything with insecticidal soap yet again, washed one more time with bleach and soapy water, and washed one last time with clear warm water.
Washed and disinfected everything that goes in the tent. Following @MK3_Pharms advices, I got a 4" in-line fan and installed it this weekend. Now I understand the importance of air circulation to help control humidity and for pest control…
@Ladithief thief , @hoppiefrog, @piper and @devjyarn showed a lot of great exemple of training and defoliating. So I decided to give it a real good go.

All the pictures of my girls are in the same order since the start of this thread ( easier to compare that way). So here is the first one before her haircut :

And the second one (the one @PreyBird1 called a ninja star!)

Finally, I put everyone in new disinfected pots. Re-trained and tied my girls. Put them back in their pristine clean home. This time, I raised the pot a bit so I can collect the run-off to eventually start with the ppm thing. Now, I let them recover about a week and then I will finally flipped them to flower.

If you read this far, thank you for your patience!
One last thing from you good GN people : Does anybody can recommend a good idiot-proof PH tester?

Have a great day everybody!

9 Likes

I’m sure I forgot to name some people who helped me out. No disrespect intended, It’s just most of you are so willing to help it’s amazing. So basically don’t feel left out if I did not name you and thanks to you too!!!

4 Likes

I jus buy the cheap ones from amazon. Use them for a grow and toss em. They are cheap.enough. otherwise I’d use @hanna_groline Hannah meters rock. But pricey.

4 Likes

I have never taken a ph reading in the past, I never had a problem, guess luck was on my side, I just started using pens, I bought cheap

5 Likes