Growing Outdoors in AZ Killer Heat

I’ve moved on to compost teas with a recipe and thats been awesome, throw in some kelp and fresh aloe leaves and plants get silica and heat protection from the kelp

2 Likes

Looks mighty tasty in there.

2 Likes

I wanna try banana peels, egg shells …I like natural stuff. I only went with dynamite after reading article by a grower who said look at nutrients in it. So I tried. But definitely I want to go more natural next round…

1 Like

Well I have a composting worm bin and that’s the best way to add those things in, I’ll buy discounted way overripe bananas and throw it to the worms and they get all my fan leaves and males and anything green out of my kitchen or cleaning out the fridge. Def good things to add by needs to be broken down first before the soil can benefit :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll share the compost tea recipes I use, sent pm

2 Likes

Welcome Phoenix! You look like youve been growing forever lol.

1 Like

Wish I’ve been growing that long😁. Here’s my Ms Big Bubba kush. She was planted in a container april 9th, popped up
on the 13th. Grew her temp in a smaller container then put her in ground. These are best pics due to lighting outside right now, I’ll get better pics as time goes on but…this just to show ya
She just turned 4mths old not long ago
And she’s 4ft 6, this morning. Her stretch has slowed and she concentrating on.sending her energy to them budlet areas
And every morning I check on them, and per ideas I play them certain music every day.

2 Likes

Some shade cloth really mitigates the heat in AZ. Easier summer so far compared to last summer 2020. I use a rain gutter wicking system with grow bags. It seems to keep the soil cooler. I live in deep east Valley up against the Superstitions Mountains

4 Likes

1 Like

So everyone here is correct increased temperature means increase humidity. Also you can get shade nets. Which I highly recommend for the hottest part of the summer and it will also help your plants preflower sooner and finish quicker. I use 247 garden for all of my fabric pots and shade nets and bamboo stakes. Very good price and very good service. Quick shipping and outstanding service. Not as much of a problem for Arizona being that most places don’t even freeze. Being in Colorado that is one of our main worries. When your plants freeze it breaks the cell structure and pretty much kills the plants. Good luck in the Az heat. Also I highly recommend drip systems not only will it save on the water because you can use less and have less evaporation. But you can also leave the drip systems on for days without the worry of over watering.

2 Likes

Took the plastic off the top and raised the roof 2ft

8 Likes

That’s a mighty fine garden u got there :smiley:

3 Likes

Banana Kush

Bottom of the Banana Kush
Ace killerOG

Black Widow

7 Likes

I used simple frame made out of pallet wood that was free, put green.screen on top and tent insect screen around. Wrks great and keeps humidity in there too some

3 Likes

That’s super interesting I’ve thought about trying some of that insect netting. I’ve heard of using this white mesh stuff for decreasing temperature and increasing humidity enough to grow spinach even in the heat of summer. Spinach is a cool season plant.

2 Likes

Outdoor August 26

Blue Dream

Gelato

Gifts for friends

13 Likes

Very nice! Awesome packaging too!

4 Likes

beautiful specimens

1 Like

Gelato and Blue Dream came down today!

They are drying on a homemade rack of PVC tubing and steel cement reinforcement fencing. Humidity level varies between 58 and 63% and the house temperature is mid 70s (F). It should take about 7 to 10 days and then I will trim.

14 Likes

Awesome grow!
I came on here looking for advice on when I should expect to harvest my outdoor Tangerine Dream, and i found your post. I’m in the Phoenix metro area, about an hour south of Phoenix. It started flowering mid July and the pistols are mostly brown but still some white at the base. I have a loupe but am terrible at judging tricomes. This is my first photoperiod, I’ve grown a couple autos previously over the last year, all outdoors. I will see if I can figure out how to attach pics, lol. Not too tech savvy.

5 Likes