Growing strong

11 Likes

@jhrdcr13 , looking great and coming along nicely.

9 Likes

go baby go!

8 Likes

Any advice on what else i should be doing? Or just let her do her thang? Being my first real grow im not 100% on when i should start trimming or when or if i should top it. Im feeling like its gonna turn out good after getting some good advice on a couple mistakes I made. Once i adjusted it she took off. U guys know more than i do so any help will be appreciated.

6 Likes

@jhrdcr13 hey that tiny plant is wayyy too wet. Thats why its not looking so hot. When there tiny babies they need very little water. Lots of people over water it and it causes the roots to get water logged. Think of the roots as root shaped lungs. If you get to much water in the media then the roots cant breathe and the plant can get drowned. Grab a pinch of your soil/media and squeeze it and see if any water drips off it. If so it way to wet.

6 Likes

Yeah while small tlikr that u wanna water a circle around the plant and promote them roots to grow out to the sides and fill the pot. If u always water directly in center by plant the roots don’t have to search and stretch for what’s right by them. Make them roots work a d the plant will work with them. Wet dry cycles help a lot. Feel the pot when u water it and how heavy it got. Now wait til u can move it around like it’s a dry ball of dirt. Prolly 2 or 3 days or so maybe more depends how wet she got. If that is a fem or reg not auto id say leave her set and dry til she feels like and dry and I start to see a slight drop in the leaves this way u know she is dry and looking for a drink. Then soak the pot and leave it be. Soak the pot means a slow watering to saturated all the media out a fan blowing on the pot also it will help dry out the media and get her cruising along again

4 Likes

I appreciate it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m not 100% sure when I should or how I should trim it up. I’ve learned to be cautious with YouTube and Google research. Alot of people appear to have knowledge and a couple have led me a stray with what I’ve learned to be growers common knowledge.

Jay Johnson

6 Likes

Hi @jhrdcr13

A trustworthy course to do and is free would be cannabis 101 on GN University. It will give you alot of valuable information to take you forward.

6 Likes

I have a metrr and keep it moist but low i dont think its too wet. I had just watered it.

6 Likes

Best is make sure u have the nutrients mixed in proper order and the pH is in range. Keep away from watering right at the base of the plant to promote roots to the sides and bottom end. Otherwise these r hearty growing plants even autos can take a fair amount of abuse in last and defols. Now if u do list and snap a big branch then yesy that may and most likely will cause a major slow down or stunt. Otherwise I can do a few leaves up to 10 or so Everytime u walk by the plants and see big ones u don’t want there to cover a potential bud site. But remember every leaf theat comes from a intersection that leaf feeds that bud that is growing from that area so the leaf directly under the bud that looks nice is being fed by that leaf and all the sugary leaves surrounding that area. Try not to rip the important ones. Best also to kinda watch autos and I’ll see times with them. One day ull notice the plant forming buttons and 2 days later or so it’ll look like nothing happened for a day or 2. That’s when u wanna do defols and last on an auto when they r doing basement work u wanna attack the upper part. This way it won’t harm the bud making times. If any it stops the root part and goes back to focus and repair the stress from what u just caused therefore.not harming ur production. I e followed @not2sureyet on autos and he has a good ways of growing them and getting fair amounts of return off them. I play with autos for fun and basically give the returns of the autos to my mother I do all extracts with my flower and an autoflower bud does not come close to giving off enough of a return to even attempt it anymore. I may get a 5 to 7% return on autos and get 15 to 25 off of fems and regs.

5 Likes

Damn that suck. I never got into pressing flower. I do like hash. Thinking about getting into carts. Had a few requests i might dabble. But thats major felonious stuff there. Were already not legal so its on top of all that good stuff. My friend got clandestine lab because he had liquid nutrients? I could only imagine what the carts would enhance all the charges to? I dont even want to talk about that kind of negative energy shit.

5 Likes

Lol. I’m. It much for the carts. I don’t mind it but it consists of too much other than what I am looking for. Thinner oils terps ect. Totally changes the flavor in all ways when u add that stuff. Now butane extraction so far is about the best cleanest I e tasted in forms of how I like to inhale my smoke. I still love the old school micro nectar collector tho. Lol. Nothing beats the first ways of doing things.

4 Likes