Growing with Cannabis Journal

Gorgeous!! The person in the hoodie jk the grow room is very gorgeous.

6 Likes

Gorgeous!! The person in the hoodie jk the grow room is very gorgeous.

I feel bad, I called him an overgrown smelly ape just the other day, all in fun and gest. I will send him the compliment. But I upgraded the grow room model.

These are the girls after 3 weeks in veg, we going to flip to flower in 2 weeks, after taking more clones. Its looking good, only having a couple issues with high humidity after watering. Working on it. But how these ladies looking!!

14 Likes

That’s a fine looking flower in the middle. :wink::+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

Very fine and not just a pretty face, you should see her grow, sing and choke out an adult man. Wicked ball of energy and also helping in activism and with cannabispromoter.com, she has been hosting many interviews for me and is brilliant behind the camera, as a presenter. She engages the audience well and knows her stuff.

13 Likes

We just flipped to flower last night!!! Dank excited to get the smells. Just a couple picture updates of some amazing strains.

Flowering girls from above

The color does look a bit yellow, but that is not the case in the room, lighting and camera flash perhaps?

Below the canopy

The original clones, need more space!!!

Me sitting at the beach, drinking coffee with my new black dawg clone. Had a rough edible the night before.

20 Likes

Hells bells, the last week we have been hit with powdery mildew in the flowering room and a mass of mites of the clone cabinet. Its been a battle but seems the pm is under control, and the mites are slowing down finally. Posting some picture updates shortly.

9 Likes

Two weeks of flower and the smells are coming through nicely. Looks like the pm is out the door and mites are leaving too.

15 Likes

Fourth week of flower, and the ladies are looking good. I see a problem on the top fan leaves, some dicoloration as per picture below. They are a lighter green half way from the stem. Check this article about light stress. What you think ? @PreyBird1 @Skinnyhb @Slym3r @happilyretired @TheMadFlascher @rucifer999 @wow_arizona

14 Likes

Chris, hard to see it in your pictures…
Looks to me like you have lots of buds trying to get started…
Honestly, I’m less than impressed with your leaf size and density…now you have bud forming that will demand a lot of nutrient support…

I’ll let more of the experts weigh in, but I would definitly boost the NPK for starters…

11 Likes

Could you take a few pictures with the flash turned on. This will help immensely. :+1:t3:

11 Likes

Hard to tell on the light stress. Id be a little concerned about this leaf! I see tell tale signs of mites.
I would take this leaf off the plant and examine it underneath the speckles on the bottom of the leaf. I bet you find a nasty surprise! If you can get closer pics i can see better.
20220613_184822

14 Likes

Doubt light stress. With that many plants extra lights might help canopy penetration.

From what I see and I’ve seen with other grows micro and commercial. That mite damage is pretty gnarly and has done a doozie on your girls.

As others stated def uptake nutes to help with some loss and future issues. Glad you controlled the PM.

I’ve dealt with white flies and have had similar issues with nutrient loss. Mites are a pain especially in flower.

How many lights?
Appreciate you asking me for input :+1::pray:

7 Likes

Thanks for the advice guys, and more questions than answers.

Id be a little concerned about this leaf! I see tell tale signs of mites

Well spotted @PreyBird1 , would never expect less. we been fighting mites for a couple weeks now and hoping they are gone and those are the last signs of them. I will doiuble check when the ladies are awake.

I’m less than impressed with your leaf size and density…now you have bud forming that will demand a lot of nutrient support…

Thanks @TheMadFlascher , now that is something that is bugging me, we were speaking about this just yesterday about getting the right stats on our input and output water to see if we hitting the right pH sweetspot for nutrient uptake. So it was decided yesterday to get the right pH, Ec and PPM stats on our water. We are currently using A and B nutrients, very light feedings 4 times per week. I will put an exact feeding schedule up shortly.

I will @happilyretired , great to see your mug the other night. Sorry for missing a call last night too, @Slym3r , we need to hook up. Better pictures coming up.

Doubt light stress. With that many plants extra lights might help canopy penetration.

Thats a relief, but not to certain. We using a 1000 watt Gavita, only one.

I need to blerry fill out a support ticket, sorry @Slym3r .

Much appreciated the input and advice. THANK YOU.

7 Likes

Seedbank: Na
Strain: Peanut butter breath
Birthday cake
Double Garlic
Cheese
Candy Rain
Indoor, outdoor: Indoor
Tent, Room Size: 5 x 2.5m
Lighting: Gavita Sl 1000
Light height: 2.2 metres
from light to top of canopy: 47cm
Temps (day and night): 17 - 30C
Relative Humidity (day and night) : 55 - 80
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) : One big Ocillating fan, like this
Ventilation: Hydor 1000s, similar to these.
Pot sizes: 20 litres
Soil, Coco, or Dwc: Coco/Perlite
Nutrient type: A & B, plus probiotics.
Ph numbers: 4.9
Ec and PPM: 160
Water Temps: 20
Co2: NA

After feeding A ( 40ml ) & B ( 40ml ), pH up mixed with 20 litres of rain water we got the folllowing results.

PPM: 690
pH: 6.2
Temp: 19

Get those numbers up

After finding a better pH balance, 6.0 we added a further 120ml of A and B each to the 20 litres of rain water. This was a total of 320ml of both A & B added to the solution. Below are the results:

pH: 5.8
PPM: 1050
Temp: 19

11 Likes

@happilyretired , took some better shots as you suggested. Damn, I now see powdery mildew on the plants again, so we have mites and also a nutrient deficiency of sort.

Turned the lights off for this shot and the grim reaper appeared.

Here is a better example of the discoloration I was talking about.

Look at the burnt leaf tips.

Ok so realised I am dealing with more problems than I thought I had got on top of the pm.

We have been using the following to prevent mites and PM.

mites - ECO-BB
Active ingredient - Beauveria bassiana strain R444

PM - Double Nickel 55
Active ingredient - Baccillus amyloliquefaciens

No, I cant cut the entire crop. :rofl: :cold_face: :disappointed_relieved: :sob: :rofl: We checking ph, EC and ppm this morning.

guys, in reality, start again, flower these sick plants outdoors, clean/sanitize the room?

15 Likes

What is rh in the room @chrisj ?

8 Likes

Ope nvm I seen it now

8 Likes

80 seems really high for indoor hence the pm issues. When my rh was fluctuating like that I didn’t get pm but I did get edges that looked similar. I wish you the best with the room man.

7 Likes

Thanks for your input @cloudkandy . Its only that high when we have the lights off and done a water. Its usually around 60%. Like this morning, watered it moved from 55% to 60% in the last hour. The temp is sitting at 18C as the lights are off now. We flower at night when the temps are colder ( winter here ). We only going to water while the lights are on now, keep that RH more balanced.

10 Likes

When I run my 1000 in a 4ftx9inch tent I like to use the large hood. Especially for an area like your running.

You’ll love it compared to the smaller open hoods.

8 Likes