Growing with Cannabis Journal

Chris,
Really interested in your observations/experience with the Beauveria bassiana/Metarhizium anisopliae
@Arrow has been working with it in combination with a canola oil…

From what I have learned of it, it’s possibly a systemic…I’m highly interested in its effectiveness.
Have you found it’s something you have to apply periodically?

Appreciate whatever you can share…

12 Likes

From what I have learned of it, it’s possibly a systemic…I’m highly interested in its effectiveness.
Have you found it’s something you have to apply periodically?

Its been fairly effective for mites, but as @PreyBird1 pointed out, we still might have an infestation and it has not cleared them up entirely. One could say its under control since seeing them two weeks ago. We also sprinkled the pots and leaves with diatomaceous earth.

8 Likes

@MrMonkey420

Would love to ask you a question. So our rain water is sitting at 160PPM, pH of 4.9. We also have borehole water of PPM 1500 and a pH of 7.5. Ok , now the dumb question. Can we filter and then mix the rain and borehole water to get a better pH/ppm ? Or am I just looking for trouble, I think I smoked too much, overthinking.

8 Likes

I think if you mixed it together then run it through a small RO/DI unit it might work. A good way to check is to mix both types of water in a cup and then check the pH and ppm’s

8 Likes

They don’t exist. Only dumb answers do.

I’m sure it’ll work! The borehole water’s ppm is very high indeed. What ppm scale do you use buddy?

According to your mixing ratio, both your PPM & PH should end up somewhere in between the borehole water & rainwater’s. I really recommend filtering it after mixing like Nacho said; that borehole water’s PPM is so high, there’s probably a lot of undesired stuff in there. But then you’ll have to add more ca/mg again. So maybe filter the borehole water and try some different mixing ratios with the rainwater till you reach what you want? Not sure if you’re going to get the PH and EC right at the same time, without using ca/mg or PH+/-…

9 Likes

Yeah, going to have to filter the water somehow and maybe mix it together. The borehole water is full of limescale. So decided to only stick with rainwater for now.

9 Likes

If you run it through an RO it’s just gonna have no ppm and it will bring the pH back up to seven if I’m thinking correctly. I think the neutral pH of water is around seven. That’s why RO and distilled water are both right around seven. The pH increasing and decreasing comes by adding acid or the other shit whatever it’s called the The opposite acid. How much one or the other of these will increase the ppm from zero to whatever. I would suggest using the rainwater lowering or raising your pH with whatever you have available and not adding anything to the ppm that you’re not certain of what it is. So if you want to make teas or some shit use the rainwater. If you’re gonna use regular salt nutrients add everything to get it where you want check your ppm and then pH it and don’t look back… that’s my $.15

Just remember to subtract the 160 ppm from your finished nutrient solution when you check your numbers. :v:t3::+1:t3:

11 Likes

Thanks Hap. I agree with you there. We been talking about water for hours here at home, turns out we going to make a water station where we filter, aerate and bubble teas. Further we going to test input and outputs of water and get stats.

Also double and triple checked the room, there are no mites!!!

The last problem is PM, blerry PM. Working on a solution to, any advice, throw it my way please!

10 Likes

I don’t know if the exchange rate is there but these acid generator thingies that were using to make this stuff to kill the mold and mildew and all them other pathogens cost about 150 bucks American for the more expensive ones. From the data I’m seeing here and elsewhere, this will be an answer for lot of your problems. Once you have the generator or whatever it’s called the cost will be very little to make the solution. Anyways you can hold it at bay by spraying every couple days with 3% peroxide. I have a hard time with your situation because I don’t really know what is available to you. It makes it very hard for me to come up with suggestions. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

I was trying to video chat you but I can’t find your number. I’m not very technologically experienced. So if you know how to do it call me :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

mold and mildew and all them other pathogens cost about 150 bucks American for the more expensive ones.

I think you referring to an ozone generator. That is quite expensive for me at the moment and you wont believe, I am kicking myself, I gave an industrial generator away about 3 years ago!!! I just kicked myself.

I am taking a step back, slowing down, and starting from scratch to see where I am going wrong with all of this. So we started with water and moving up from there. Have made a couple elementary mistakes the last couple weeks e.g putting infected plants close to healthy plants, not checking ph of water. Going to make a quick cup of tea and call ya.

11 Likes

No it’s not hold on let me see

This is what I’m talking about :+1:t3::+1:t3:

12 Likes

I know you all are talking about serious matters and that this is well late to the game however it must be said.

@chrisj that is a AAA meme brother. I mean spot on text with a great scene capturing the raw emotion that Matthew McConaughey was trying to invoke. Just hats off to your meme game!

9 Likes

I’m going for 6.2… come on! daddy needs a new pair of shoes!

8 Likes

@Skinnyhb :rofl: :rofl:, thank you very much for that compliment, it means alot and as you know I love my memes. Oneday hats off to the grow game I hope.

Oneday bud, its a big learning curve.

12 Likes

We have been having some issues here with outdoor plants and I have been using beneficial nematodes and, so far they have responded well.

I read the whole thread and it does look like you have multiple issues. I’m really ignorant to hydroponics and water situation‘s for that, I’m just doing soil. I would say that you were getting excellent advice from a lot of these people. This board is a wealth of knowledge.

15 Likes

Good suggestion @wow_arizona , I think we already use nematodes, through using Dynamoco. Lots of us got samples from this company a year or so ago. Glad to say the company has also launched in South Africa, so its easy to access, and we do use DYNOMOCO for all our soil and it works!!!

11 Likes

If you mix the waters, I’m guessing 6.2

8 Likes

@chrisj ,
Honestly, I was completely unaware of the BB/MA possibility’s until a member on the conclave brought it to my attention.
Interestingly enough @Arrow has been working with it in your neck of the woods!!!
I would highly advise contacting arrow, as he has a lot more experience to pass along!!

I certainly consider it a potentially important development, however I view it as experimental at this point…

I hope you guys can expand the scope of information, and look forward to your contributions!!

8 Likes

Well a week down the line and we having new improved lush green growth with the whole family, mothers, clones and the flowering girls. Still not out the mud, but things are looking better. More pictures to follow.

18 Likes