Growing with Cannabis Journal

Yea @wow_arizona got some real good vids love the Hummingbirds to i always do that look at other stuff and put my spin on it would love my own little bit of land to especially when can live off it sustainable

10 Likes

Thanks. All are welcomed to visit!

9 Likes

A new week and a new opportunity. Just got through my first auto flowering harvest and was well impressed. Nice thick buds, fast growing and easy enough. In the next couple hours I will be meeting with a new mate, he has a number of auto’s he is giving me, and according to him not a great germination rate.

We chatted over a beer and spliff, was trying to absorb as much info as possible and now stuck in information overload. The following information was given to me:

• auto’s need about 2/3 weeks extra light time from seed to get as big as possible , even though they are automatic flowering plants. They also like a dark period.
  • due to the rapid life cycle, its not a good idea to transplant auto seedlings.
  • auto’s do not like a nitrogen rich soil.

Now I do reading, and please feel free to post comments and suggestions.

12 Likes

Just finished planting a variety of 50 auto seeds. In the lineup we have the following:

Think Different
Think Big
Skywalker Haze
Blue Sharif
Gluberry OG

I have put most of them in coco and perlite mix after letting them sink in water for 24 hours. Some of the seeds in coco only and some with a mix of compost. You could see most of the seeds sprouting. Lets see in a couple days. Holding thumbs.

17 Likes

Big change from not growing indoor to full blown indoor. Lol looking coot homie.

14 Likes

Well never say never. Yip life did change in the blink of an eye, but still focusing on my outdoor. I still dont like indoor if that means anything! :rofl: :cowboy_hat_face: :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Yeah… Some people swear on outdoors… Some people prefer controlled environments. Me… Not a outdoor fan do to bugs. That’s the only reason I don’t grow outdoors.

14 Likes

Good plants, good genetics, and a great outdoor environment dont need control.

11 Likes

The problem is a good environment for the plants is also a good environment for some pesky critters. Where people have most problems growing outdoors might possibly stem from the need to annihilate them… if you are in a clean fairly sterile environment indoors this is possible. Outdoors not so much. So the key to growing outdoors as far as insects are concerned is management.:+1:t3:

11 Likes

I have to humbly disagree. Good african hybrids, in a balanced soil will thrive with no problems. For a couple years I have had that experience with outdoor weed growing, no mites, pm or worms! Seedless too!

if you are in a clean fairly sterile environment indoors this is possible.

This is difficult, you need multiple levels of defence to protect your plants. Outdoor bugs are very attracted to light and that is the biggest issue we facing. There are enough natural predators outdoors to fight off the pests, and that will let a natural healthy plant thrive.

12 Likes

@chrisj , You’re fortunate to have some indigenous species to work with !

I’m guessing in Africa those girls gotta have steel bras !
So you’re saying they tolerate the pest population pretty well…I’m guessing wild hogs and stampeding elephats might be your only ‘significant’ pests !!

13 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Wild hogs, buck and my biggest pest, are monkeys. Lucky we dont have baboons, they start about 20km away and dont come this side. Seems like the african hybrids and landraces do stand up to most of what GAIA throws at them. Worst that happens if the plant is exposed, you will have a stem that snaps usually.

12 Likes

Harvested, dried, manicuring today and then curing for a couple weeks. Ruderalis, some more seeds on their way for spring.

17 Likes

Nice haul there @chrisj

12 Likes

A bit airy and fluffy, but believe silicon mixed in with the soil will help tighten the buds next round.

13 Likes

Spring is in the air and loved hearing the news about Biden announcing/renouncing federal cannabis prosecutions to be nul and void.

Seems like the auto seeds in the polystyrene cups and composted soil have all sprouted the fastest. I just transplanted 10 Think Big and 10 Think different seeds in bags, half filled. I like using the polystyrene method as you dont stress the roots out at all when transplanting.

Whiskey and Baxter checking perimeter fencing around the outdoor girls. They are mainly old mothers on their last legs, so planted them two days ago and they are already all looking good.

Peaches, lime, pine and an old oak dead ok tree in the background, you see the face?

16 Likes

Good genetics. I found out last week that my original females were bred “inhouse” and not imported from the USA. We have just culled over 100 plants, broke my heart, I was in denial, hated life for a week, but decided I was wrong and we need to start again. 6 months down the drain. Sorry, every aspect, number, hybrid, even piece of soil will be removed and sterilized. Its been a terrible few weeks of potlitrics and bad genetics. But we have beautiful backups and new genetics already in “inhouse”.

Updating soon. Watch this space.

10 Likes

So I understand this correctly, you’re saying the stuff that you grow there or the genetics reproduce there are of a lower quality than the ones in the US? I’m still a little confused at why you just shit canned whole grow. are you limited in the number of plants that you are able to grow legally? That might just be why you had to shit can it because you can’t start anything that you want until they’re gone I suppose. :man_shrugging::v:t3:

12 Likes

Sorry @happilyretired , I often dont explain myself correctly, just a little waffle here and a ramble there. When I started out on this indoor journey I was assured the clones I was getting are of quality, infact, with a witness I was told they were imported from the USA, this was 6 months ago.

Well the guy who gave me the clones and verified them slipped up just lust week Tuesday, and said they were locally bred genetics. Now we were very excited to receive them and been growing the mothers like mad. It turns out that they are all hermaphrodites. We have about to get rid of the leftover clones to. So about 6 months of work down the tube.

Mark Twain Lying

Anyway we have been having big issues, and starting from ground zero. Sterilizing all our soil in a fire bath in the next couple days, removed all the BS genetics and flipped our room from flower to veg again to get up to speed with clones and growing.

Below, these were mothers in 3 weeks flower, composted.

Killing the clones next, simply, all the pots to the right need to be removed.

8 Likes

@chrisj thats BS him doing that

10 Likes