Growing with friends and Bs chat! (Part 4)

Hey mud! How are ya today my friend?

4 Likes

Morning @mudman :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2:

2 Likes

Medicated. :upside_down_face: How’s your Saturday morning?

3 Likes

Gm mud man genetics

2 Likes

Damn I turned down some test seeds yesterday from my other forum and now i regret it. There was 10 packs and they were gone in 3 minutes. Damn. Oh well much much more cool stuff coming.

3 Likes

Good trying to get off the couch. Medicated and caffeinated.

3 Likes

Soo ive been letting my new bong get dirty so i can test out this 420 cleaner.

Is that weird. I didnt change the water either.

2 Likes

Started my day with the rest of last night’s bowl of Purple Urkle, donuts, and coffee. Then hit the Lemongrass. Both solid strains. Good flavors. Nice buzz.

Been giving some thought to how closely I need to watch my freak plant. Planning to breed the Dirty Grapes, so I can’t take any chances on a herm in the grow.

3 Likes

Gonna be bummed if she does. That should be a QP plant.

3 Likes

Wife is 20’ away talking to me with cg in here hand I can smell it from here :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I got menthols if you want one. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yep no hermies. Well on my breeder forum some of the old guys say it doesnt matter if its a hermie but it has to be the one plant that has the traits you want. The hermie can be taken to F3-F4 to see what percentages are actually hermies. And you can eliminate it. But is a lot of work. Hermies are nothing to be afraid of in fact lots of old land race sativas hermie. Should you breed with one… no not until you do all the work to take the hermie out. But its got to be that special plant or its not worth it. Its lots of work. My friend lemon has been breeding for 35yrs. Hes very skilled and has so much knowledge.

5 Likes

My wife knows the 4 time thing:
1st time I didn’t here
2nd time I wasn’t listening
3rd time I thought you was talking to someone else.
4th time…do or run!:older_man::goat::astonished:

2 Likes

I was just thinking about the mixed pollination aspect. Need to know that the the seeds I’m making are exactly what I’m trying to make. If she herms, she screws that up.

2 Likes

Speaking of, it’s about time for the first selective pollination on the DG.

2 Likes

Yeah some of these guys will hit a female with up to 15 males pollen at once. Some target pollinate. This one cats got a grafted mother with 5 strains on it. Pretty wicked. I like grafting also but not right now. I made a thread about it last year.

4 Likes

Hey fellas, just wanted to let ya’s know I just started a seed auction going on over at Overgrow if you’re looking to bid on some beans for cheap :grin:

3 Likes

The grafting thing is super cool! Once I get to where I can maintain a mother plant, I’d like to have a mother with 8 or 10 different keeper cuts.

4 Likes

Bx will help as well stabilize :v:t2:
To much Bx jack ya shit up to, be like ilgm seeds :joy:

2 Likes

I like that. Mother plants worry me. They take lots of room. Food and maintenance. Theres a chance something can happen the longer there alive. Like pests or a disease. I have adopted the baby mother- permacloner technique. I have all the mothers as baby rooted clones. And in different grow tents i have more of each mother in different stages of growth. I have lost plants before and lots and lots of breeding work. This is why i stage-perpetually grow. Its lots of work but i wont loose my plants again. Always clone again before you flip and make sure you got a nice rooted cut.

3 Likes