Growing Wrinkled Leaves? Help

The Wrinkly leaves or the Shade difference in the “new growth”

6 Likes

Shade difference in new growth and fox farm saying ocean forest only has a few weeks nutrition.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty high. Im vegging with 140 watts. At like 3" above the plants but my big luxx lights would melt those plants at 9" geeze should be 15-18" above the plants. And you need a PAR meter. A wise man @TheMadFlascher said Really good meters are as important as really goods lights are. Ive tried every way of being cheap and it always costs more money in the end. Because you have to buy more and better equipment again or more cheap crap. So you spend more money and time saving money?? So just buy quality. I mean i always say…“were trying to recreate mother nature indoors and you cannot be cheap” I mean the sun insnt cheap is it? so why should your lights be? Dont cheap out on your sun and mother nature. Hard to mimic mother nature with cheap stuff inside a closet or tent. Ive tried many time since 1998!

11 Likes

How much would a PAR meter be a decent one, could you send a Link? I was going to upgrade my light pretty soon to the SE3000 since the closet is so big. is there anything else I should work in for the grow room?

8 Likes

If you have a smart phone or an iPhone download the Photone App, it’s free. PAR meters are pretty pricey.

7 Likes

This is the one i have.

https://growershouse.com/photobio-advanced-quantum-par-meter-micromols

8 Likes

so here is the plant now, giving it some Micro nutrients. 6 days later, I also put it in its Final pot. 5.5 gallon. how is she lookin? No more wrinkles really, and the plant is 19 inches from the light. when we were transplanting the plant, the roots were all at the bottom of the fabric. to add on, I did some low stress training, brought the canopy even, now it’s back up to its height before I low stressed trained so I put it in the new pot.

@TheMadFlascher @nacho151 @truthhound @treetrunks

9 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Well done, @effnercollins

7 Likes

Looks great! It seems to have bounced back well!

8 Likes

Looking good

8 Likes

I think it’s just really old, maybe try Botox? LoL
Sorry I had !! Everyone already chimed in with good stuff, shit I’d a said anywho. Glad to see you jumping in the deep end. I’ve heard good stuff with the blackjack man. Good luck, stick around and you’ll get some great advice and growing pains - from all the ones that “been there done that” gotta fail to learn so why not learn from the ones that have failed. LoL isn’t learning fun. Welcome to the gang!

9 Likes

@nacho151 @PreyBird1 @truthhound @treetrunks @TheMadFlascher so, it’s been 19 days. a lot has happened including fruit flies getting in the apartment and being over a THOUSAND inside the grow room lol. in that time we had fo put up a lot of traps, during that time too, we accidentally fucked the light cycle so this girl is flowering now. it’s been 6 days since we changed the light cycle. was just seeing how she looks!

9 Likes

Looking good!

8 Likes

Ok ok shes in flower now do not i repeat do not start flower nutrients. Wait until the plants top start to turn into ity bity buds then when you switch to flower nutrients give the plant both nutrients as you start to stop giving veg nutrients and go into full flower nutrients.

7 Likes

Thank you for the advice! i’m already seeing pistils just 1 week in. is that a good sign? the plant also has stretched 11 inches in 1 week, it’s getting pretty crazy.

8 Likes

I just had a plant stretch on me so fast I was worried it might be planning to kill me…

7 Likes

lmao, that’s hilarious. this plant is getting very strange though. i’m seeing like bud sites already, I don’t know how to describe it other than that. it’s only been 8 days and there is like spots where pistols are LOADED and the top is thick like bud is growing.

7 Likes

That will happen, she’s becoming a woman with her little self. Has anyone mentioned trimming off the larf or giving her a once over with some of the smaller growth? Definitely will only benefit & not hurt if you trim some.of the petty shit at th base and smaller shoots. If ya want … just asking. Btw for future grows if ya fuxk the light cycle up for a couple.days ONLY you can always revert and go back to normal. It’s not the end of the world to screw up for a week or so. Even just trimming off a couple leaves and getting some better light penetration always helps to. But she’s in her way, good stuff!!

5 Likes

I would honestly need a step by step lol😂, i wouldn’t be sure what to take off and what to not. but if you’re taking like very small stuff, I can probably do that confidently. also, when should I do it? now? or wait later into flowering?

4 Likes

Prolly best to wait now to do any strips or defols atleast til u have solid buttons unless u know roughly about 21 days from flip then at day 42ish u can do another defol. Any leaves on the inner part of the plant I strip off any leaves that block a potential bud site I remove. Don’t get crazy all at once but I can do a fair amount of defol and not harm the plant much at all. Defols help the plant breath a bit better thru the middles of the plant allow more air and light to get in and also help to keep molds or mildews away. Fungus gnats r a pain in the butt usually caused from overwatering. I’ve switched from soil to coco and rarely see any bugs now I believe bugs come in bags of soils lol.

6 Likes