Growing Wrinkled Leaves? Help

Does anyone know what might be happening here? I sprayed it w/ a Fungicide/ Natural Bug Killer. IMO, probably wrong I think since I sprayed it during the day the droplets acted as a magnifying glass for the light.

5 Likes

Looks more like markings from bugs attacking the leaves more than water damage. I’d fully inspect under the leaves move around top later of soil brush finger across top of soil to move some and see if any wigglers r under top layer of soil hiding def seems to be bug marks tho.

5 Likes

@effnercollins Looks to me like a mag. deficiency, just my thoughts. Without knowing the setup it could be a number of things. Water problem, ph to high or low not enough nutrients. Also see possible leaf taco starting, light maybe to strong or close.I don’t see any bug issues.

6 Likes

Your plant is hungry. Lights are over working fan leaves. What’s your fees schedule ?

5 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Growers Network Family. We are very glad you are here with us now. You couldn’t come at a better time than now! Lol. The community will help you out, if you so desire any assistance.

•Starting with a support ticket will help strengthen your growing abilities. It will help you guide your next grows with prev data that you can build from.

This is a support ticket. Copy and paste it to your thread and fill it out to the best of your abilities. The community will help with any questions you may have.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Fill this out. It will provide many more topics to discuss in your Thread/Room. You keep all your info in the one place. Every time you post in your thread, it goes to the top of the pile and you get more interactions.

9 Likes

We are BACK friends!

This strain is Blackjack, just some seeds from my friend. Ocean Forest Soil, it is doing some weird stuff w the leaves. is my light to close? it’s the SF1000, have it about 9 inches away.

5 Likes

Welcome! I love watching anyone enthusiastically jumping in the deep end of the pool. I love your plant too.

First, please raise your light at least 18” above the tip of the plants until we get some more expert advice.

You mentioned using ocean forest soil. Are you useing tap water (like me) or are you using rain water or pH’d water?

What’s the closest large city where you live? What’s the heat and humidity like?

I’m gonna tag some people that might have better. (Also fill out as much of that stuff that @Slym3r pidted earliest)

@LoCoRocK @MrMonkey420 @happilyretired @sdoyle @HostileHippie420 @ultrapuff @mudman @grizzlyhigh

6 Likes

So I live in Ashtabula County Ohio, Ashtabula would be the closest major city. We are using spring water/ water from Jugs.

8 Likes

So here is the plant w/ out the leaves dropping. I took that picture at night so she was sleepy. but I hope these are some good pictures. that tape is because it started growing rapid and the one side was getting too much weight, so I wanted to make sure it didn’t split. I got 2 nice knuckles though down by that base.

8 Likes

What we thinkin family, the plant is also 13 inches tall.

@happilyretired @Slym3r @TheMadFlascher @OlyBoy @truthhound @treetrunks @HostileHippie420

8 Likes

How close is your light to the top of your plant @effnercollins ?

7 Likes

I’m not sure what your ppfd will be because your not in reflective walls like the map was made with but 9inch at 100% power seems pretty high for veg. Are you sure it’s a Spider Farmer 1000 and not a 1000D model Spider Farmer light?

7 Likes

Be careful with the tape as the plant grows it can construct growth if it’s wrapped to tight. We need a little more info about watering and nutrients ph can also be helpful. Where is your temp/ humidity meter located, you want it to be close to your plants so you get the most accurate reading about what’s happening at the canopy.

6 Likes

Also ocean forest doesn’t contain alot of nutrients: Ocean Forest® combines the goodness of land and sea to create a blend that feeds for about 3-4 weeks.

Your plant is likely starting to experience some nutrient deficiencies if you haven’t added any supplemental nutrition

6 Likes

I do have the SF1000D, the closet is a 6 x 3.5 x 10. an absolute BEAST of a closet. the thermometer is 16 inches away from the plant. Ocean Forest Soil, and every 2 waterings i’ve been tapping it w/ some Calmag. half tsp. It’s 13 inches tall, I moved the light about 6 inches higher before I went to work. the floor in my closet is tile, and the walls are white, the doors are black. We use spring water to water the plant, I haven’t really gotten it a feeding schedule nor nutrients for the plant besides the calmag. I have stuff for flowering time which has a feeding schedule.

6 Likes

Just moved it up 2 notches from that.

6 Likes

With a space larger than the 2x2 that they use to make the the par maps you will have alot of light loss around the edges because the light is being spread across a larger area instead of being completely reflected back at the plant.

I think the plants will definitely need some extra nutrition from what they have been receiving. You will need to add some fertilizer that contains all of the nutrients needed instead of just cal and mag.

I would try to put the thermometer beside the plant near the canopy.

For the 1000D I would recommend hanging around 14+ inches to keep the center closer to 600 for veg. 960+ ppfd in the center is pushing the DLI really high.

7 Likes

Are your top leaves a different shade of green than the rest of the plant or is it just the lighting?

9 Likes

Yes, but I just assumed that new growth

6 Likes

It’s most likely because of the dropping nutrient level in soil

5 Likes