H202 in Hydro?

Been seeing a lot of people using H202 in their Hydro setup with a simple 3% solution, was wondering if I should be gentle and start low or go straight to 3%? Having some mold issues and was hoping to clean the Cubes out and save my ladies.

Thanks for the input.

Krukster

3 Likes

Hi @krukster

Welcome to GN. You can consider spraying the effected area directly with a diluted solution of H202. Never go straight in with it, dilute and mix it with water first. Using less is more and start slow with applying it to your resiviour. Too much and you will burn your ladies. I found this article that will help you decide

Warning: never use hydrogen peroxide with beneficial microbes. It will kill all the good bacteria along with the harmful bacteria!

2 Likes

just use purple unsulphered bacteria instead, it will thrive in the hydro environment. also one can add purple alge (there’s a cpl colors that would work actually that’s just the kind I have read up is best) it will keep the bad bacterium at bey. of course keep o2 levels up in system with airstones as well :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks , I’ll give it a try

2 Likes

The beneficials will make a big difference in a hydro system

4 Likes

for clones I like a 1% H2O2 solution. A tiny sneeze of trichoderma or b.subtilis in your trays can help keep the pathogens down too. Also watch your temps for your trays. Lots of rootborne pathogens need a specific temp to be ideally infectious. good luck!

5 Likes

Great valuable information you are providing in all your posts. Thank you @mike.c .

3 Likes

I use 7 tablespoons 3% in a 15-20gal res, keeps everything thing clean. I don’t have access to reasonably priced hydrogaurd in Canada

5 Likes