Harvest Experimental style

What happens when a few days before harvest that you drop the temperature to 38° and put the light system on 12 hour 12 hour

Your plants will likely suffer and or die. Don’t be mean to them.

1 Like

Maybe not kill them but they will be stunted and produce less for sure.

1 Like

A few days before harvest you better already be on 12 and 12… unless an auto… but dropping the temps will turn the colours if a purple or black strain…

2 Likes

38 degrees will fuck them up I had it happen to me at a 39 degree cold snap

1 Like

66 degrees will make them turn purple per preybird

4 Likes

No need to hurt your girls. You can find studies online. It’s will cause stunting, you’ll have metabolism issues and a few other things. Why grow a messed up crop and yield less? Grow it normally and yield a lot.

If you like experimenting have you ever thought about grafting?

3 Likes

I I am a outdoor grower been a couple nights That the temp went down to 34 and my plants are still doing great definitely more colorful

4 Likes

What is grafting

1 Like

Taking two different strains and cutting them a specific way and putting them together.
Ex. OGK and Blue Dream. If done correctly half the plant will be BD the other will be OGK.

I live in Canada and mine have already hit 38F… I learned long ago… not to fret it… and one frost is good for your plants… especially if there is a week before the next one… for the last 6 years my outdoors see high 30’s and low 40’s in September and the plants aren’t ready so you tread on… I will never say @PreyBird1 is wrong… he’s entitled to his believes and he has them for a reason… just as I have mine for a reason… all my friends can attest to what I am saying here…even @Packee knows what the temps here are like and he will agree with me… he’s 20 minutes from me…

1 Like

My experience is the same… read my reply above I was 4F warmer at 38F…lol… sometimes we aren’t rolled the perfect dice and I learned long ago… accept it or lose my mind… well I lost my mind long ago… so it only leaves one option… accept it… the secret also… is grow more so any stunting ore rot issues mean you still have more than one can use in two seasons…

1 Like

It when you lay out on two giraffes. Like planking.