Harvest question

hi I’m new at growing and I’m starting my second grow and I was wondering how can you tell when your buds are done when they are big are they big enough to tell can someone help me thanks

5 Likes

Hello and welcome!

Look at the buds with a microscope, magnifying glass, or jewelers loop, depending on the strain its ready anywhere between 5-50% ambers depending on whether its Indica or Sativa and the type of buzz youre looking for. Heavier/sleepier buzz youd want a higher percentage of ambers. More energenic buzz is less percentage. Just never harvest before 5-10% ambers or you’ll be disappointed because it wont do much.

5 Likes

the buds are seeable after the grow period, I think the branches will determine the size of the buds am I close do they grow on the branches or in the middle of how it grows or I should say the stem or root

1 Like

Check these out, lots of useful stuff when you begin :

Hope this helps…

5 Likes

You wanna take a look at the “hair” and if they are half milky / half transparent , thats the moment where you’ll get the optimum levels of thc and or cbd

I beg to differ on that. The “hairs “ are only an indication of ripeness.
The only true way to tell if a plant is at max thc / cbd is to check the trichomes with a loupe or microscope.
When the trics are at all cloudy is when the thc is at its highest level in the buds.

Five key points on cannabis harvest and ripeness

6 Likes

trics as in the stems right I’ve been looking at plants online and I see a lot of leafs and little leafs covering buds

1 Like

@jyoung. These both are a good read to help explain better. :v:

5 Likes

4 Likes

thanks for the information every bit was really helpful I think I got a good chance with this

1 Like