Have I went past my prime in flower?

You need a digital microscope. I hate jewlers loops. Id rather snap a bunch of pictures and sit and study them and decide when to harvest. Trying to rember bud trichs from memory sucks. Easier to a bunch of buds and there trichs.

5 Likes

what do you see? Clear? Cloudy?

2 Likes

A lot of cloudy trics

2 Likes

Yea that’s my next investment. My eyes be killing me looking thru one.

3 Likes

I use this one! Another pro tip— Great for looking at pre-flowers to sex plants also.

4 Likes

if you can hold your hand steady enough, you can get a great zoom with the camera on your phone. , it’s a pain in the butt but doable. Depending on the strain I will take a plant that’s been flushed well (like 2 weeks of water with epsom salts and a touch of organic molasses), IF the trichs are mostly cloudy with about 20-30% amber, i tend to like things a bit on the heavier side.

hope that helps.

if you really want to get fancy you can grab something like this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/G1200-Digital-Microscope-7-Inch-Large-Color-Screen-Large-Base-LCD-Display-12MP-1-1200X-Continuous-Amplification-Magnifier-With-Aluminum-Alloy-Stand/927540505?selected=true

however i would suggest something with a plug in type power system instead of rechargeable batteries. ,they fail rather quickly

this is what i have currently and it does the trick for cheap

4 Likes

I like photos of trichs to compare each plant/bush progress. I cant remember a plants trichs as a whole without pics. Especially when im doing 4 or more plants at the same time.

4 Likes

Freakshow that grey hand held one in your pic was the first one I bought. Ive got just about every style since then but it is also my least favorite. I am pretty happy with the rectangular loupe with 10/30/60, retractable into a protective holder with light. I just went to this style this year. I’d always used the circular ish one and loved it before trying this 3rd style. I know quite a few using the one prey showed. I always thought You have to remove a bud though with that one is why id held off?

4 Likes

This works great with the microscope camera. Attaches almost anywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L3LL95O?pd_rd_i=B01L3LL95O&pd_rd_w=JKbQJ&pf_rd_p=51cf0d17-50cf-4c89-b1a7-606703cfac11&pd_rd_wg=OWrME&pf_rd_r=8VYA7FVTBPG0AT1HKJ6R&pd_rd_r=1b6b61ef-ca76-4f3f-baa8-3d4551f0f6ea
I also have one of these, has 2 lenses and a switched light:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078N34WZR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6 Likes

I have my laptop hooked up to a 55" screen. Looking at trichomes makes you feel like Rick Moranis.

6 Likes

That mic boom is exactly what I’ve been missing! Good lookin’ out @mayakid ! :metal:

6 Likes

Look great bro am trying to be like you when I grow up lol

2 Likes

Yea that’s the one I got too bro I hate looking thru it

2 Likes

Man - microscope boom it is!! :+1: Good stuff Maya…add to cart… hmmm wait . Let me work on this one can’t imagine diy be too hard…

4 Likes

Make sure you have your OTG cable and that your cell phone can be enabled to do OTG. I even have a windscreen for shooting trichs in the wilds.

4 Likes

Hey @mayakid i use the digital microscope to help sex plants. Great for hunting for pre flowers. That mic boom would be sweet in my flower tent. Nice.

4 Likes

I have that one also and it is also my least favorite, it is extremely hard to get anything in focus with it, I used it once and it has just sat since. I went back to a plain ol combo 60x/30x handheld loupe.

4 Likes

hey it’s cheap and gets the job done. what more can ya want?? I used the old Radio Shack black pocket microscope for years until they went out of business.

3 Likes