Have you ever seen anything like this?

First time I’ve ever seen anything like this on any of my plants. Freak of nature type stuff. There’s a leaf growing from a leaf… Has anyone ever seen this?

4 Likes

I’ve seen flowers try to form there but never a leaf…

2 Likes

It’s a strange mutation but it happens from time to time. I would expect other genetic mutations elsewhere on the plant as well. Are you growing from seed?

3 Likes

Yeah, from seed. I’ve looked around on the other leaves and don’t see any other mutations. I’ve got 2 more like her going with no mutations. I just put her into flower last week so I’ll keep an eye on the flowers. I’d like to tell you what the genetics are but the seeds were a gift from a friend. The mother is an heavy indica that produces nice solid, sticky nugs instead of huge buds. Fruity and hashy with a purple hue. I’ll be harvesting 1 in about a week and will post pics. Thanks for the reply!

3 Likes

In my experience, with that particular mutation, I have only observed the phenomenon about one in 150-200 leaves produced by the plant. Keep your eyes peeled, it is bound to happen again. Looking forward to seeing more pics!

2 Likes

I know the feeling of not knowing the genetics of some my seeds given to me. This year keeping records. Feel blessed to have been gifted them.

3 Likes

1 leaf and then a leaf growing from the other leafs node. Pretty strange stuff.

1 Like

It’s like a 4 leaf clover! Feel lucky! lol

The buds will probably still be good in the end.

Happy growing,

MacG

2 Likes