Haven't pruned or defoliated

Is there actually any reason to at this point ? The plants look fine the light is penetrating through and they are flowering great. Even the very Lowest tiny little branches are producing buds. Opinions advice ??

10 Likes

I would worry about defoliating

If those were mine I’d take off maybe the lowest 5-10% from each plant to have them focus their energy on producing big beautiful nuggets up higher. Usually the lower stuff is a pain in the ass to trim and ends up kinda being a waste of time

Looking good :+1:t4:

10 Likes

I have to agree with @Maz while yes they look beautiful right now being that there in early flower it’s possible they will still be pushing out leaves so it’s better just to get ahead of the game , this is a touchy subject though I’ve spoke with people who prefer to let them go an also people that strip EVERYTHING except the top …. Aka lollipop …. Really it’s a matter of personal choice I personally take everything from the bottom usually to the first/second nodes depending on the size of the plant hope this helps …. welcome to the family I’m sure the rest will be by eventually

9 Likes

Absolutely solid advice there. Take off one foot of lower stems, and consider removing the small bud sites on the lower parts of the branches going up the stem.

8 Likes

So just snip off the lower branches ? First few nodes ?

6 Likes

Might be a stupid question but when you cut off branches does that stunt the flowering process at all? Like redirect energy to take care of those wounds? How long does that healing process take ? Like when you top it has to recover.

5 Likes

After the plant recovers all the energy will will be sent to developing the flowers, so it should give you bigger buds. This is what I have experienced in the past.

7 Likes

I’d say if the whole node reaches half way up the plant leave them but strip everything off them but the top bud or 2 this way all evergy in that branch has less to focus on. I remove usually bottom 1/3 and all the center of the plant leaving most the outer stuff on all branches. If the buds r built some u can tell by the way they r growing now if they will be a lard or a good one of the button is there like the tips leave it if it is half the size or less than snip it. Just my way of getting some nice buds up too. Some plants I leave alone and hate it at the end. Trim is a pain if it is loose buds. Lol.

5 Likes