Head grower needed in Thailand Chiang Rai

Hello,
I come from a startup company called TerraBloom. My business partner comes from Thailand and owns 17 000 SQM land in Chiang Rai. We are ready to start the process of cultivating 100 plants inndors, and 100 plants outdoors to begin with. On this journey we need a driven and experienced grower who have lots of knowledge in agriculture. Our best option is to hire someone living in Thailand. If anyone here have any tips on where to look, or even better, if anyone here is a grower from Thailand, contact me.

8 Likes

see I was hoping you could get me into Thailand :frowning:

8 Likes

We have also thought about the possebility of flying in someone from the outside, but then it would lead to a lot of extra costs and paperwork. If it turns out that this is the best option after all, we would love to have a talk!

6 Likes

A little more information on the setup could be useful. Is it majority indoor or outdoor? What sort of grow media are you using? Is the facility ready to go or does it require a build out? Those questions will help narrow down who your looking for. Someone who grows in living soil outdoors might not be able to properly design an indoor facility for coco for example or vice versa

3 Likes

Also what percentage of the company is owned by Thai vs foreign, I ran into a problem earlier this year with another canna business in Thailand but they were in violation of Thai law either knowingly or unknowingly

3 Likes

Also can you send us the government data for the amount of registered capital your company currently has that is another problem I have run into.

3 Likes

Hi @bergo

Thanks for sharing and what a great opportunity. I can suggest getting hold of 501 genetics, a breeder/grower who has been there for several months. They have a good following and may be able to help you source a head grower for your operation. Just send them a message and they will reply.

5 Likes

In the begining we want to start with a prototype phase to see what best suits us. We will plant equally as many plants inside as outside, and will expand the one that is giving us the best outcomes for our purpose. The facility is not ready yet, all the work needed to be done at the farm will be set in motion as soon as we have everything ready on paper (feb-mar). The reason we also need a head grower early is to help us take a look at the farm and help decide if we are going to plant in living soil, or put the plants in pots on the outside aswell. The company will be over 51% Thai owned so we will have all the same rights as a Thai limited company. The company has not been registered yet, but all the documents needed for the company is ready for signing. Before signing we want to have all the preparations 100% ready, so we can start the process as soon as we sign. Out budget is currently at 100kUSD. Thank you so much for your respons!

4 Likes

Hi @chrisj
Thank you so much for your suggestion, we will deffinetly take a look into that!

5 Likes

My buddy farms and sells to Northern Thailand. If you need his help send me a message.

3 Likes