Canadians have until January 20 to respond to these recommendations:
- No limit on number of licensed cannabis producers, allowing micro industries to flourish
- The roll out of an efficient system for licensing due to competitive nature of the industry
- Reducing organized crime through legalization of marijuana
- Quality controlled cannabis products
- Tracking systems for reporting and regulating sales of cannabis products
- Rules for cannabis packaging: THC and CBD levels clearly listed, mandatory health warnings, clean design with color and images that will not entice children, and tamper resistant packaging.Federal Health Minister Ginette Petitpas Taylor has released the Liberal government’s proposed cannabis regulations, giving Canadians until Jan. 20 to offer opinions on the measures before they are implemented.