Heat control or help

So my heat is getting a little to hot not that the snow melted out side. Any ideas. I have a 5x5 tent with fce8000 mars hydro light running. It puts off a lot of heat. I have an exhale bag hanging was think about getting another one to up the co2. Humidity is 60-70%. Any ideas should I run an ac or get another ac-infinity fan to put at the top of the grow tent above the lights? Or get another intake fan and pull air from out side?

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! What is your air temps in the tent and what is your lung room air temp.?Also what is your air exchange setup like (size type of exhaust/intake)

4 Likes

Also what stage of growth are you in and is this the first year in the space with this setup?

4 Likes

Hi thanks!! Been looking for a community to be apart of love growing/consuming this plant. Air temp in the tent is 81 degrees right now, lung room temp is 65-70 degrees. I have ac infinity cloud line pro (6”) hooked up to a refillable carbon filter. It’s also ducted to the top of the tent to pull out the hot air

5 Likes

So I grew for 2years but with a shitty set up the. Stopped for a year because I moved to a prohibition state but laws has change. now I’ve started back and tried to up my game so I invested more into but just harvested my last run… temps were great but it was super cold out side so I had no problems. But now I’m re-setting my flower tent but I need to veg for a bit to fill out my net. So want to veg for 3 weeks then flip hopefully (also I’m organic growing in living soil

5 Likes

It is the first year with this new set up btw

5 Likes

@back2soil Welcome to the GN forum!
Is the Driver on the light removable? If so can you move them outside of the tent? It might come down to a cable extension but it will get that heat source out.
There is a check list that will help us get you dialed in. :slight_smile: I found a temple ball yesterday so gimme a min. There it is!!!
Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Media:

Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor: Tent
Tent:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night): Day= 75 f, night= 69 f
Relative Humidity (day and night) : Day 65

% - Night 50 %
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) : Humidifier
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM: PPM
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):
@Slym3r @PreyBird1 @nacho151 @HostileHippie420 and anyone else that wants to pile in.

5 Likes

What speed is your Ac inf fan set to? I think there is a good chance you may need Ac or a dehumidifier in the future as it warms up outside but you seem to be in safe ranges for now

4 Likes

@back2soil
@treetrunks is onto something with your intake fan. When I was having temp issues I ended up putting my inline fan on top of my tent with the hose pulling straight from the roof. I set a small fan set on a lower speed to blow across the light and towards the side where the exhaust duct is. When in flower and the light is full I have the bottom of my tent door unzipped and I have the exhaust high enough to scare the dog for 12 hours.

It also gives more space for air to move.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I have a question about where in the tent is your carbon filter/exhaust tubing is located at, (top of tent, above the light)? My setup The carbon filter is at the top of the tent using a Controller 69 with temperature and humidity triggers set on a 6 inch AC Infinity fan, I also use a 4 inch AC Infinity fan at the bottom that is set manually to 1 to suck in fresh cooler air to help the temperatures remain cool in the tent and to get better air exchange.

6 Likes

@nacho151 I can already picture him working. Have I been here too long?

7 Likes

What amazing support from cannabis community here. Love your work guys.

Welcome to GN @back2soil , as you can see lots of helpful growers.

7 Likes