Heavy Defoliation outside

Has anyone done any heavy defoliation outside before. I’m not sure if I’m screwing up my plant or not. This is my Chocolate Tonic CBD that’s day 14 in flower. Hoping I didn’t go to over board.

2 Likes

Holy shit man. When defoliating they recomend taking off 20% of the leaves not leaving only 20% remaining. The plant will regrown but go easy on defoliation. Too much can stress the plant and make it hermaphrodite and cause yield issues.

7 Likes

Way to much the plants need those leaves for photosynthesis. If you take too many it will stress the plants out. No more than 20-30% and even that is not always the right thing to do. looks more like you’re in preflower than 14 days in flower. They are not really in flower until there’s buttons on the ends of the branches. Trim at or before preflower to open up potential bud sites and allow airflow. Then again 21 days later, after the stretch once you know what’s gonna be larf or not make it out of the canopy.
Under

Over

2 Likes

@cratix this threads for you bruh :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

How did this plant turn out?

1 Like

This is an old thread. I haven’t heard anything from the user who created it. Most likely the won’t reply. In the right corner of the posts there is a date. Most of these threads that are old and no interaction I archive. So many threads with a handful of comments. Not really useful to the community.

Not to say they won’t. Lol

2 Likes

Haha, I saw the date, was wondering if he was still around. That was a lot of leaves taken off!

1 Like

Lol I’ve done worse. On purpose. This was my third grow.

@MrBlue @cratix lol

@sdoyle I guess I shouldn’t say I’ve done worse. Those are pretty sparse…

4 Likes

Didn’t see the date

1 Like