Hello everyone, new home grower here

First post here. I hope everyone is well.

I have been looking at some of the grow threads here and i must say, there are some very talented home growers here.

I am a beginner grower. As a matter of fact, i grew my first 2 plants last year from clone. One died to what i believe was root rot, and the other flowered, but did not do great. I made some mistakes and identified them so i won’t be making them this year.

I have a question though. The neighbor behind me owns 25 acres. He grew 2 plants last year that were given to him, a male and a female, and got a ton of seeds. He gave me a few and i am germinating them right now. he dropped off a seedling for me, so i was surprised when i got home from work to see a plant on my kitchen table.

Anyway, he does not know what the strain was that he grew. I believe it is an indica because of the leaf shape, but i was wondering…is there any way to find out what strain it is? He does not know and the person that game him the plants does not know.

Ignore the other cups-o-dirt, those are spicy peppers that i am trying to grow.

This is the single plant. I am germinating seeds right now of one each afghani, blue dream and PBB.

Was just curious if there was a way of finding out the strain of this plant.

Thank you……i have a LOT of reading to do here.

Cheers!

5 Likes

No way possible i don’t think so nor have i ever heard but on a different note that looks really good and if its a female it has the characteristics to make huge buds i believe.
Welcome @schweddybawlz .
Good luck

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Only way to guess the strain type, (and really it is a guess) is to take a picture of a bud after it’s formed and ready to harvest and do a image search and see what it says, then go to leafly or wikileaf and see the strains that were listed and look at aroma, taste and effect, but remember it’s just guessing. But the plant in the picture is showing dominate indica traits.

5 Likes

Thanks for that.

That is unfortunate.

Oh well…

5 Likes

Welcome and I look forward to watching you grow :slight_smile:

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

5 Likes