Hello fellow Growers

Hello fellow Growers,
I am looking for a organic nutrient recipe - Compost Tea recipe - for a commercial grow using ebb and flow with Coco as a medium. I would love to hear your thoughts. I am also looking to do checkerboard lighting with Bios Icarus LED and Ceramic Metal Halides. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

2 Likes

Not ever having operated under ebb and flow I won’t opine as to the best nutrient formula other than to say you’ve bitten off a difficult task if you plan to make a living doing this. My understanding is the E and F is difficult in itself and your wanting to go organic just increased that by a significant factor. Unless you have significant experience with E and F and organic production I’d suggest you might want to ease your way into this.
In regards lights: I operated over an acre of fully kitted greenhouse growing cannabis for the last 5 years and have tried many lights. I have yet to find any LED’s that give as good a result as double ended HID lights and for those I’d use only HPS rather than MH as we have ditched all our MH due to lower yield and quality. We used to think a mix of the two worked best but after meticulously documenting yield and quality over the last years we have found the HPS to outperform MH.
Good luck whatever way you choose to go.

3 Likes

Hello rswalser,
Thank you for your input. I have had fantastic results using Ebb and Flo using synthetic bottled nutrients. I am looking to go organic, preferably powdered nutrients, to ease on cost, environmental factors and for a cleaner product. Yes, there is much talk on organic verses synthetic etc - but I am looking to go clean.
Happy Growing!

2 Likes