Hello from a beginner

Hey guys & gals.

I am a beginner, trying to fill my head with knowledge to provide myself with the tools to grow some fantastic cannabis. Any information shared here will be much appreciated. I’m looking into building my grow tent now! I’m very excited about this journey and I want to become highly skilled throughout each and every step of the growing process. Inside and out, upside and down…

Thank you all for your time and expertise!

-A hungry mind

4 Likes

High @bnbyoung12 Welcome to the network!

What’s your budget?

tent
light(s)
exhaust fan
carbon scrubber
soil, organic, hydro
nutes
etc (cords, other shit)

It’s a lot to pay all at once, but makes it worth it in the long run.

4 Likes

Become a lighting expert. Watch your temps. Don’t over water and don’t over water. Different areas for seed, veg, flower/bloom. Whether hydro or dirt. Hydro must be cleaner than dirt. Get the wrong thing in Hydro they are all gone. In dirt just the plant as a general. Be ready for a bunch of people that really don’t know what they are doing but think they do. READ READ READ and then READ some more. Knowledge is key. Learn to clone? I haven’t mastered this yet, so I got nothing for you. Some are good and some aren’t. You will stop having to by seeds if you learn cloning. To learn cloning, take a plant and use that one plant to clone until you learn. Don’t plant one plant at a time. Figure out grow sechdules so as to keep the routine going and have a steady stream. Not all plants are the same. READ READ READ and then read some more. (I know I said it and I will say it a thousand times more.) Tent you will want Indigo not Sativa, you won’t have the height for it. I am super with seeds. I by them from good companies and I am about 85-90% successful. I now have plants to learn to clone off of. Everybody will tell you somebody else is wrong. People up north don’t grow down south and the same goes the other way. You will need to keep them cooler and warmer depending on your weather and growing conditions. People have ways that work for them and be ready to be called a dumbass because you just don’t want to use somebodies suggestion. People are assholes get ready for it. There are so many different options that without knowing what you are wanting to grow/where you are growing it/timeline for product, we really need to know more about your situation. As you can see it is tuff with the information you have given us. I am GOOD with seeds and can help you there. Just because I have gotten a few plants to grow from clones he as of late, I don’t know enough to help you there. Remember if you take information from a stranger and you fail, the stranger doesn’t. Try to get your plants in a 2 week, 1 month cycle. As your needs require. Know the plants you are planting. They have different flower times. I veg 24/0, many say 18/6. whatever works for you. Flower/bloom 12/12 and needs total darkness. Get some timers for lights You will need them because you will forget. I am telling you my mistakes. There are exceptions to everything I have told you. these are just general rules. If you get seeds get Feminized, some like auto-flower. I can’t seem to get any quantity out of auto-flower. You don’t have to worry about the 18/6-12/12 with autoflower. Anybody that tells you A B C and you will have wonderful plants right out of the box, be prepared to be disappointed. Read read read and then read some more. If I can help in anyway just let me know Crazy.daveg61@gmail.com. I have taken courses so I can help you with what I know. Magnifying glass at least 60X. You will need this in the end. I am just being honest brother. Try to find somebody close to you to help you. They will be able to look and tell you somethings like the end of your leaves browning mean to much fertilizer. Last three week no Fertilizer because of the taste. You need a special area for your growing. The most important. Keep your mouth shut about growing it. One person knowing about it is maybe one person to many. People talk. I can write you a book here so Read read read and then read some more. Trial and error will have less errors if you study. It is just a weed?

3 Likes

Goog god man crash course in 1 page lol i like it. How long did it take you to type this up jesus. Ha. But in all seriousness read this well it’s good info. Get this book.

Ive read this 3 times now. Fascinating book and very important info. Broken up into sections.

2 Likes

There is so much to know. I took courses on it. Just gave me enough information to confuse me to death. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Hello, Welcome to this amazing place. I’m new to indoor growing too, but learning loads from the fabby people here. You’re going to have a blast! :wink:

Ive been gardening since i was a child. Had (7 brothers) Weed is just another plant. But at the same time it’s not just a plant. Fascinating-healing complex. I cant stop learning and trying things. Now i just have another type of garden. I have a local guy here who is publishing a weed/grower newsletter here in utah and he wants growers inputs in certain sections. He offered me money for some of my material i showed him. Lol i thought it was awesome and would be glad to contribute.

Welcome!

There are so many ways to grow! Everyone could tell you something different, and they would not be wrong. There are a several rules that need to be followed, but most of those depend on medium, strain, and nutrients used. What are you looking to achieve with your grow/harvest (final weight, med/rec, eco-friendly, organic, extractions, etc)? Have you looked at any strains? What’s your budget? Any space/smell/temp/humidity concerns regarding your grow room/home?

1 Like

Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond to my introduction post.

To answer your questions Betty, I’m looking to achieve the absolute “best” flower I can possibly produce for recreational purposes, mainly. Medicinal as well possibly. I have a couple of leads on some strains now. Not sure the legitimacy as I’ve heard that area contains a lot of Scam artists just trying to scrape up a quick buck. As for my budget, I would be willing to invest well up to $5k possibly in excess of that for the right grow tent setup. Some questions I have on this topic would be… How many plants is recommended for a 5’ x 5’ grow tent. I have literally never done any of this before and I humbly say I am starting from square one as far as growing is concerned. As for temperature and humidity I’m still studying that aspect of growing. I don’t have a proper understanding of those topics yet and how they apply to the health of the plant. Another issue that I’m uncertain on, is how much of a spike in an electric bill that a 5’ x 5’ grow tent would produce. I’ve heard that that has been a huge red flag that has brought grief into the lives of many growers.

Any insight into any of these things any of you may have on any of these topics, please share!

I tried to use the least amount of power that i can. Lowest watts on all fans and equipment i could find. I swapped from a 1150 watt HPS to a quantum board LED for flower. And i vegge with a 100 watt T5 for seedlings and small plants. Then they get put on the bottom shelf for larger vegging and finally the go into a tent behind the nursery tent there attached. And i veg with a 400 watt metal hilde MH light. Then i move them into the tent next door and its a 4x4x82"

My niemeled.com lights.
5K is a lot for a 5x5 tent. Ive got 2x tents 2x inline fans 6". 1x 250 cfm fan in the small nursery front tent. 2x carbon filters and 3 small air movement fans. 1x 100 watt t5 bulb . 1x 4 bulb t5. 2x heat mats. 1 turbo cloner 1x ultrasun 1000 watt HPS and 1x 1000 watt MH and its all under $1500-$1800. Then you got media soil,canna, hydro and nutrients and suplies pots and trimming and spray bottles so $2K should be perfect.
Its like this: just because you paid $300 for rosettastone doesnt mean you can speak spanish.
So just because you have a kick ass light doesnt mean you can grow either. But the right equipment makes the difference but then there is overkill!