Hello from Arizona -

I’m going to put them down the middle only. Native ground cover I will let grow and poke through. I will not let anything grow that tall, too many snakes.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Snakes, skinks and other small critters that are not pleasant.

1 Like

Thats whats spooks me about setting up an outdoor grow, the dang snakes wanting some of that water and shade cover… your set up looks very very nice!
Im glad to be following your journal! You came online here at the same time we were moving to AZ, so im GLUED to your thread, because I dream of an outdoor grow here in the desert! Probably next year though.

3 Likes

@defnsmokn
You got till the end of June to get them in the ground to get some decent volume out of them by harvest. So don’t count yourself out for this year. If it’s legal outside you can grow in pots pretty much anywhere.

5 Likes

Yes, they make great patio ornamentals!

6 Likes

As the heat increases, I will add 30% WHITE shade cloth over the top, extending six feet each way from center. Also, I will add misters to the overhead irrigation tubing (why it is there). You are welcomed to visit and have a look.

Tuesday, I am planting strawberries in a tower in one corner and they will run on the fourth irrigation line.

3 Likes

OOOPS! It seems there was a bit of confusion at ILGM! The gelato seeds that were supposed to be feminized turned out to be autoflower. All of the gelato plants started by the old guys in the OGCC have started the change. They are all outdoor-grown with several other cultivars in normal vegetation stage.

8 Likes

Midweek 4 (26 days) of flower

First indoor grow, any advice would be appreciated and welcomed!

8 Likes

@wow_arizona it doesn’t look like you need any help! Beautiful

2 Likes

We all do it differently but at this point I would have done A heavy defoliation or lollipop your branches. clean all the little small stuff out of the center of the plant.
The light in your tent does not move like the sun so they don’t get light from different angles throughout the day it comes from the top down always so you should clean out all the stuff down in the bottom of the plant that’s not going to get a lot of light because it’s gonna rob your main colas of energy and you will have a lot more small Larfy buds.
Disclaimer… :rofl: (Excluding auto flowers)

5 Likes

Below the net, most of the leafy foliage is removed, but many small buds can go!

I will go through them and remove some of the interior stuff.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Will get to defoliation tomorrow, got the tents/fans ducted to the outside today.

6 Likes

Looks good friend , i like the way you did the duct work . I just recently ran a 6 inch duct to the outside , i covered the exhausts ends with screen so pests wouldnt make a home there

4 Likes

These have a damper that closes when air is not flowing

4 Likes

Both exhaust fans are installed and the ductwork is finished. I have caulked the outside and it is completed.

8 Likes

I will cover these with screen, too! Thanks for reminding me! The underside of the vent hood is a perfect spot for wasps to start a home. They (the wasps) have many natural spots to live, I don’t think they will miss this one.

5 Likes

Shade cloth goes over the top/western side this afternoon! Yesterday, strawberries (actual strawberries, two cultivars) were added in a tower as well as in amended soil along portions of the southern and western edges. The in-ground berries will get run-off from plants, the tower will have drip irrigation added.

6 Likes

Shade cloth installed

8 Likes

Learning so much, lurking on here and gleaning knowledge …

My current indoor situation, today rearranged the five bigger ones after taking a few smaller ones that were ready. Tent 5’x5’x6’

My next set of clones are doing well, starting LST tomorrow. I have two of my own hybrid seeds that I started (smaller plastic pots in photo) and I will be using an inexpensive light in a separate tent to cut and sex them before I put any more time into them. Temporary test light installed, normally HLG100 Veg Spec Tent 3’x3’x6’

Some ultra-solid nugs from some clones that flowered too soon (I put them out too soon) and broke the rule of bringing them back inside to finish them so they did not re-veg, but suffered none from it. Tent 2.5’x5’x6’

10 Likes

Summer is here. A lot of people grow in Tucson with no shade cloth at all, but, I use it.

I put all my plants out too early and already harvested a great amount from these about six or seven weeks ago. The plants re-vegged well and I started hard-core trimming/defoliating today in anticipation of their ‘bolting’ after the longest day of the year (pic from before defoliation). So far, all of the automation is performing perfectly.

I am out at dawn each day and I love the morning symphony of birds and creatures. These pics were taken then, three days ago.

8 Likes