Hello from PodTronix

Hello Growers! We are looking to choose a new LED Light supplier for our closed systems. We manufacture PODS large scale globally and would prefer to have a company that can keep within lead times. If you have any advice or referrals please send them to me!!

Thank you

6 Likes

Hey @Pepper! I love the functionality of @GrowFlux lights. I have used many of the LED’s on today’s market and these are the lights I keep coming back to. Hope it helps – Good luck!

What lights do other @growopowners and @mastergrowers prefer? Let’s help out a fellow GNET member!

5 Likes

Amazing @Growernick Thank you! looking into them rn :star_struck:

2 Likes

Happy to help :hugs: I would love to hear what other growers think too.

2 Likes

In the LED world I am friends with individuals at Fluence Bioengineering, Scyence, Thrive Agritech, and Green Fusion. All of these are very highly rated. If any of them interest you, I would be more than happy to get you in touch. (I imagine they would be willing to facilitate trials with you if this is going to be a large-scale and consistent outlet for their products.)

4 Likes

I have to agree with Nick. The growflux units are very impressive. We are just completing our own assessment of the units we have and are preparing for testing now. We have been using the fluence spydrx plus units and they are also nice units. The biggest difference between the two are the spectrum control offered by growflux as well as we have found that they are much easier to maintain to date. Testing will be occurring in the near future and will then be able to compare the results of a side by side grow in a otherwise identical environment and nutrient regimen. I will with the permission of growflux post the results on the forum once available. Another difference between the two is the customer support provided by the crew at growflux. They have been exceptional in their ability to provide answers and support when needed. Feel free to contact me should I be able to offer you any further details.

5 Likes

@Growflux is definitely on the correct path with the light control methods they picked. I also am very empressed with there watt control methodology. Since we know that over the five year life expetency of the light that we will loose 20% in total output. They correct for this fact. So day on day one is the same as on day 1826. That is cool and gives me predictablity in any floricultue use! The problem is that feature is not copyrightible or patentable. This is now part of a new light standard in the EU, for floricultue and horticulture production products.

I bet Flora Fotonica, will have better firmware and end user software. There main line floricultue software is wow and they have big money behind them.

The question for the light manufacturers will be on design of the fixture. The old style HID light design may not make the final cut. I will bet that a light design that allows racking and heat capture will win.

The question will ultimately be a software that can control a standard tunable light?

The first light company that does a thin film chometogophy and spectrometry will win the the majority of business. I would not buy any light until, they have to prove that I can change the spectrum each week of the grow based on the chromatography of the cultivar in production. We know that the Chlorophyll a to b ratios in cannabis changes each week of production. We have to be able to tune to the saturation points of each pigment in the plant in order to maximize total genetic potential of the crop.

The light guys also have to understand that light plays only one role in production but adversely affect my needs for warm roots and cool tops. To hit the ideal evaporatransporation index and VPD in cannabis production we are going to be forced to change production practices. Canada has demonstrated this on a large scale with there QA problems over the last six months. Light design is going to be forced to change.

From the voices in my head
Ethan

@Growernick, @Farmer_Dan, @MK3_Pharms, @FarmerK. @fdousty, @ron, @neville and @todd.mccormick plus big @nick

5 Likes

Check out Amare Technologies, they have a nice line up.

5 Likes

I want to try a light from @GrowFlux they look really good.

4 Likes

Yes, that is correct. We prefer to be able to demo the lights as we plan on ordering large quantities,with a short lead time. Lead time being no more than 2-4 weeks. Please send my contact info or send me their company info and I’ll gladly review their product. I really appreciate the help, Thank you Joel:+1:t4::+1:t4:

3 Likes

I agree @mvbreleaf @growflux is amazing and answered a lot of our questions. We hope to be able to work with them in the near future we are figuring out currently if they can keep up with our current large order demands. :raised_hands:t4::seedling:

2 Likes

Thank you @MK3_Pharms I’ll be checking them out :+1:t4::+1:t4:

3 Likes

Hi yes like Ethan said being able to change the spectrum that we can customize while being completely water proof.
Perhaps a controller like in LED rope light.
For me a mode with all white led for photo shooting/dimming.
Power packs, drivers, energy sources with long enough cords to be kept outside the garden or inside if more heat is desired.
Kyle

Kyle M

5 Likes

I really am interested in the product line from @eyal of Flora Fotonica. They have really good software. I am waiting to see the light. If I could marry Flora Fotonica software and hardware style with @Growflux light ideas. I would have the perfect light.

Now give me a way to deal with the waste heat from the lights. :grimacing:

Ethan

3 Likes

Waterproof No. We can have water resistant good enough that it you hit them with a hose no problem. Anything NEMA1

That is as close as we are going to get.

There are NEMA1 LED Lights.

@eyal is your light NEMA1 or NEMA2?

I don’t think the light on the @GrowFlux is NEMA1, but the electronic parts are in a NEMA1 encloser. The Growflux light would be great with your hybiscus. The rest of the grow that would be a hard style to work in. But, @GrowFlux is so close to a perfect light. I just can’t make the jump without the simple chromatography.

At this time I would have to buy one and lease a growth chamber and test the light myself. That is a shame. I know of enough operation that need what @groe

Today, I can’t find any light that I am comfortable in a grow room. Where I might want to light 20k square feet? That a lot of lights that’s big money for a five year investment. I needed the vendors to start working with us.

Kyle the pod design is the derection to head. I just want them with Dutch Benching.

@Pepper can we design for a Dutch bench? I don’t want anyone in side the grow area. Can how close can you get me to 100% utilization?

I would absolutely go that direction. I need some additional numbers from you to help me decide.

You are close to my dream let me go back to you site.

Ethan

Ethan

3 Likes

I like my Spectrum King CC can take outside and wash them with a hose end of seasona. No fans no areas for water to get in. My foliar spraying is like a fire hose waterproof for ppl like me.
K

4 Likes

Kyle nema1 light and box. Now give me one that’s tunable. That’s all I want. :upside_down_face:

One size can fit all

Ethan Kayes

2 Likes

An option to have a remote power supply would be a handy feature. As @FarmerK stated it could be beneficial to have the option to locate the power source in the grow area at certain times of the year or under certain circumstances as the same would apply for having the option to locate it elsewhere during other periods. Perhaps a single or a few units would be negligible except in the most contained areas but if you’re talking 1000’s of sqft it would add or subtract significantly to your operating costs.

4 Likes

Plug in and go. The power supply is the end users responsibility. Don’t take up grow space with anything that not in the grow. A sub panel on the exterior NEMA1. With big plug sized to the box like a HUBBELL HBL5100RS1W RCPT-4P5W100A600V

I need to keep control over power like I need with light. I need metrics. This is a logical one.

My wall box inside the where houses would my internal meter SMTP enabled.

Now with any SMTP reader can collect and collate real time agian. Again a Metric.

These all tie into my project on my grow real time usable metrics for the grower.

The QA starts with the metrics of the build. And continues from the planning of the grow through post harvest. We need to define points. The lowest come core unit is sdft weeks or 0.1 meters squared weeks. We use iso8601 weeks. We can now compare anything real-time.

I can wright real time or daily to the accounting system if each crop is a batch using Dutch notation in the grow and project in accounting. Everything comes together from a QA of production seed to grave

Ethan

@supergrower_matt, @supergrower_dana, and @fdousty

3 Likes