Hello! New here with beginner questions

Hello everyone! My name is Jess and I’m currently a marketing director looking to switch careers.

Stoked to find a community surrounding truly my favorite topic. Currently looking for resources to help plan my move to a legal state to try growing, particularly New Mexico, Colorado, or Nevada. Im hoping to find resources to help pick where would be the best state to start and completely open if there’s a well known best place to start.

Would anyone be able to share what they love/dislike about the laws and regulations where they currently are? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

8 Likes

I wish i could move with you lol. Welcome and good luck.

6 Likes

Stay out of utah the laws here blow. I want to leave here. And welcome to the. Community @jessmaples.

6 Likes

Welcome to the family! Ny sucks stay away legal or not , it’s nothing that great forsure unless the cold is your thing then come on up to upstate Ny lol

7 Likes

Thank you! Appreciate the feedback

5 Likes

Lol i hear ya. Appreciate it :call_me_hand:t4:

6 Likes

Its my thing lol and i have family there but we havent saw or talked to each other in over 20 years. Too bad my fiance doesnt want to move back. She has family there too.

6 Likes

I can’t believe that in the year 2023 there are still states where it’s illegal to have or smoke marijuana.

Was watching live PD the other night and people are getting FELONIES for doing the exact same thing I do everyday in California.

Insanity.

8 Likes

just turned legal in minn. 8 plants 2# at home

11 Likes

Missouri isn’t bad. We have recreational as well as medical use and with a permit you can grow 4 plants at home. Welcome @jessmaples !

6 Likes

hi minn. just turned legal here we can grow 8 plants
4 in bud i just finished 3 autos critical xxl have a bruce
banner half done

6 Likes
  • Hi all. I am newbie. Glad to be here. Have a nice day everyone!)
10 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

7 Likes

Yeah it ducks down here in nz also it’s really affecting my life negatively having to worry if I am gonna get the visit :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Welcome man

6 Likes

Michigan here. We r allowed 12 plants here per household. Stupid thing is having the bud on hand is a lower amount I’m not positive if exactly but permits allow a whole lot more of everything. Lol

6 Likes

Michigan here as well.
It’s seasonal outdoor growing here. But good results.
I believe Michigan laws are a bit more lenient.
Oh and there’s 30 acres with a large pole barn for sale right next door to me. Lol

7 Likes

What’s their asking price for u know. ???

4 Likes

$320,000 for 30 acers and a huge pole barn

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum. And on your question, it’s tough to get commercial grow permits. Here in MO they just last year legalized recreation and before that they had medical, for home 18 plants total per home grow permit. There are a heap of regulations if you are able to get a commercial permit. Here it is called seed to sale tracking. It’s not an easy business. IMHO. Maybe you could go the grow master direction or something in the control portion. My buddy’s daughter just landed a job here in St. Louis, as a purchasing agent for a smallish grow/cultivation company that has a commercial permit, and the starting pay was $99.000 with benefits.

5 Likes