Help a noobie out maybe?

@paulcoyote bro I was planning on buying some nutrients for my growth and was planning to get the general hydrponics go box will that be good for my autos as well as fem? @blackthumbbetty any thoughts?

1 Like

Hi again:
I havenā€™t yet tried hidroponics, Iā€™m developing a flood and flow system for indoor growing but will take a couple of months.
Iā€™ve only grow in living soil prepared with compost, coco fiber and some pumice stone (instead of perlite, too expensive here). Have a nice weekend @gurutvabhatt!

1 Like

Could you please guide me through how you do it the soil mix please ?
Iā€™ve got my seeds for quite some time now but havenā€™t started it no one to guide me. If you could helpā€¦ @paulcoyote

1 Like

Sure I will!

What I use a mix of one part (in volume) of coco fiber, one part of compost soil and one part of pumice stone (grains max of 1.5 cm of diameter). Mix everything together, wet throughly, let it rinse the excess water and it is ready for planting.
In the vegetative period plants need nitrogen but the quantity depends on the size of your pot. Read through the forum and you will find a lot of useful information.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! you are in for a good time! these guys can help you out and point you into the right direction! Happy forum-ing! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You really need to start reading through everything and just go for it. People are here to help, but nobody is going to do the research for you or hold your hand.

6 Likes

How to you manage the pH with soil and compost? @paulcoyote

2 Likes

Msnl sends seeds world wide @gurutvabhatt

5 Likes

Hi again @gurutvabhatt:

Living soil, specially if it has worm compost, has a ā€œbufferā€ capacity, it is, the pH stays more or less stable along time due to the microorganisms and worms that processes the minerals in soil and water.
I control the pH of the water adding efficient microorganisms solution (EM) that is slightly acid, about 5.5, using 200 ml of EM per liter of water (rain water or non chlorine water). Final ph of the water must be between 6.5 and 7.
EM is a very interesting development that can be used for a lot of tasks in your crops and they are 100% natural and safe.

Greetings from the middle of the world!

6 Likes

Thanks for your help bro really means a lot :100: @paulcoyote

5 Likes

Em1 has crazy uses clean ur garbage bin to get rid of stink,litter box etcā€¦ Clean rusty tools,clean a stinky b room,consume as a probiotic,charge your compost pile ,foliar spray to prevent pathogens,use to clean petroleum spills and hundreds more great uses :wink:

3 Likes

It is actually a Japanese Technic that is over a thousand yrs old.

4 Likes

Yes! In my work we used it to help composting toilets and to get rid of odor in pig farms.

4 Likes

For me it has been like learning to swim! Read alot & jump in! Trying to use some common sense! Good luck to you & welcome!

1 Like