Help newbie here

I live in Ga but when we do legalize weed I’m starting a cannabis shop how do I get in contact with grow farmers or the people who got the business license

1. You we need a lot of money, were not talking thousands!

2. Go to your states website

=====================================

1. Application Fees/Start up costs

Class 1 Production License requires a non-refundable application fee of $25,000, an initial license fee of $200,000 and license renewal fee of $100,000.

Class 2 Production License requires a non-refundable application fee of $5,000, an initial license fee of $100,000 and license renewal fee of $50,000.

Available License Types:

Class 1 Producer License

A Class 1 Production License allows:

• Grow cannabis only in indoor facilities for use in producing low THC oil, limited to 100,000 square feet of cultivation space
  • Manufacture low THC oil

​​There will be 2 Class 1 production licenses available.

Class 2 Producer License

A Class 2 Production License allows

• Grow cannabis only in indoor facilities for use in producing low THC oil, limited to 50,000 square feet of cultivation space
  • Manufacture low THC oil

There will be 4 Class 2 production licenses.

The State Board of Pharmacy will develop an annual, nontransferable specialty dispensing license for a pharmacy to dispense low THC oil to registered patients.

Additionally, the commission will develop an annual, nontransferable dispensing license for retail outlets to dispense low THC oil to registered patients.

The amount of licenses available, application fee, license fee, and license renewal fees are unknown at this time.

5 Likes

All that low dose thc for oil… that would be a nightmare… stay underground

4 Likes

I sell black market… as Canada made it impossible to get into …

3 Likes

Yeah, my state (NY) is probably the worst for medical

This is the reason I don’t want to see it legal for recreational purposes, costs, taxes, total greed for companies who were totally against cannabis, but only want to horde the profits.

The people who have been doing it underground for decades know more than the companies and usually the people they hire and they are the ones that should be hired and grow masters, etc.

It makes me sick to my stomach

rant over … smoke em if you’ve got em … stay golden …

8 Likes

And ditto @piper

2 Likes

That is my fear that the greed here will destroy the recreational game

3 Likes

I share your concerns; my gripes about recreational are more a knock-on from companies trying to make the buck and they think they can create their own strains and then keep the genetics locked up. They don’t realize how many people make relatively large purchasing decisions based on that, so I don’t give a shit if your new weed strain is ZipZopZap OG, I am not spending money on it unless I see genetics because thats the only method I have to select the actual meds I need; the rest of the so-called party stuff is worthless for the Parkinsons symptoms. I wrote something about it somewhere but forgot…and before anyone says anything about lab results, myrcene et al, that also is worthless when your knowledge base is depending on a completely different set of criteria. Those lab values give clues on taste and really general things but there are things that cannabis does for medical patients that goes way beyond that…which is why I grow, I can’t trust the dispensary to have what I need on a reliable basis.They all claim to be for medical patients but its always the latest fad shatter or whatever that gets pushed when you walk in the door. Bah; at least this way I know what I am getting…

3 Likes