Help redirecting sunlight

I have an outdoor planter that want to put a couple of plants in but it loses direct sun too early. I’m reading up on possibly using reflectors to redirect sunlight which will give me about 3 hours more a day of the reflected light. I have a plant now that is ready to flip to flower that I would like to use. Anybody have any knowledge to share? I will continue my research but like my Daddy used to say, “The more heads the better.” I said I think the saying is two heads are better than one", to which he replied, “Why stop at two?” All input is appreciated.

1 Like

FWIW polished aluminum may reflect visible light, UV and IR light. Mirrors or other glass may absorb UV and IR light instead of reflecting it.

3 Likes

Looking into this. Need better stats. Googling.
3M Daylight Redirecting Film — Solar Art.

2 Likes

Move the pot lol ???

Marty

5 Likes

It’s a planter filled with compost and soil I’ve been working for about 4 years.

My other girls are on a cart and I move them in and out daily.

5 Likes

I was just kidding you. I figured there was a reason you would go through all that and that it was because you couldn’t move it. i like the way your place looks. Is it warm year round there where you are at?

3 Likes

If it get below 70, (not very often), the locals start wearing down vests and heavy clothing. Around the house my normal outfit is a pair of boxers. Nio shirt, no shoes, but plenty of service. I can grow outdoors year round, I just have to watch my light cycles.

3 Likes

Aren’t you pretty much limited to Sativas??

Marty

3 Likes

Yes, Sativas definately do better in the heat and humidity. I have preserved a Durbin Poison strain that is supposed to be 90% Durban. Beat her with a hammer and she just smiles and grows. I’ve grown a couple of WW plants. Endless problems but fun smoke. My wife does not smoke nor does she like sativas. I have a Fruity Chronic Juice seed soaking right now. Came from Mike Mcicchino’s stash. Strain info says 90% indica. Just finished an 8 X 11 room outback that will have AC so I will baby her along if necessary for the wife’s sake.

4 Likes