Help! She’s dying

Greetings , I’m new in this and domt know what to do.
The stem is growing a bit too high then I expect on week 2. Then I add some soil on top of the plant to make it looks shorter (dumb). After a week the plant slowly turn yellow and the leaf start curling inwards. I had removed the soil I added. Can she recover from these? Thanks

5 Likes

Yes like @PreyBird1 says get a cup or something that water can drain thru. Letting water thru the medium will wash out some of what was not absorbed by the plant so it don’t get a buildup in the medium and cause an issue. The more holes u can get the better the plant will grow. Soil u should always always water wet and leave til it is light feeling and dry take a cup and fill it with the same soil unused in those cups feel how that cup feels dry and shoot to water only when the cup feels light like the one u did for weight sample. Canna toots need oxygen for breathing and if the medium is always wet then no air or oxygen can make it thru to the rootzone if the stem seems to be stretching too much lower the light a couple.inches not a lot at once do it in increments as to not shock or burn the plant.

4 Likes

Hi @jacky516

Welcome to GN. Cannabis is a very hardy plant and it should survive. Best is to do nothing to it for a bit, no water, no soil. Something looks very wrong, might be over watering, root damage. Just give it some time and hopefully she will bounce back. Post updates, ask any questions.

4 Likes

Thanks for replying! I will stop putting water in it for a while and see if she recover. Thanks!

3 Likes

Well your problem is over watering. and the reason is your having an issue is you have zero water drainage holes in those GLASS cups. Get them into plastic cup with water holes in the bottom. Cannabis must have air in the root zone to breathe. And i hate to say it but your drowning it. Oh and welcome to the forum! Baby plants seedlings need very little water in the begining.

6 Likes

Thanks for replying! It’s a hard plastic cup, I can still drill some holes now without transplant it. Thanks for the advice and happy growing :grinning:

4 Likes

Until you reach node four, plain topsoil only.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have several folks helping out. You are in good hands.

2 Likes

A little update, I drilled some holes and stop pouring water , seems she is still sad. Is there any things else I can do ? :mask:

1 Like

Put her u der light and add a small fan to help dry out the soil some faster. As she dries she should pop back but the leaves will still look wonky until new ones show. I think it’ll pull thru keep a small amount of light on it and a small fan did u put Ny holes in the sides of the cups too. I always add like 40 holes each cup. More air to root zone the better

2 Likes