Help with WPM

I need help is this plant to far gone with WPM? It’s about 4-5 weeks into flowering.

1 Like

I will take another pic with the lights off and post when I get home.

1 Like

Have you treated it with anything? Peroxide and water? That’s safe to use throughout the plant’s life, just be careful with it getting into your medium too much, or it could damage your soil food web.

How is your tent’s grow environment? Temps and rh? Air circulation and exhaust?

5 Likes

I have just treated last night with peroxide water mix. And tried cutting off as much infected foliage as possible. Then I put the plant back outside. And sterilized the whole tent inside and out and all equipment with bleach water mix. My setup is a 4’x4’ tent with a 13” osculating fan on the floor blowing upward, a 4” clip fan on the opposite side up blowing down on the canopy. And a 4” 130cfm exhaust fan vented outside. My temps were about 22 degrees centigrade and 66% RH. All fans running full time. So I have decided to just leave it outside until it’s finished and check it all for Mold once harvested. I am starting 3 tangerine dream autos and an extreme auto to put in the tent instead. They are all from reputable suppliers so fingers crossed I won’t have any issues.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Make sure to clean EVERYTHING in your tent and even exhaust areas. White powdery mildew is a spore so if there’s even 1 spore left behind or could blow in through vents, you could infect future occupants.

3 Likes

Just went through it I scrubbed with soap and water then bleach and water then straight h202 then I lysol wipes everything hahaha so far mid week 3 of this flower run so far so good treating with serenade every 8 days and southern ag garden friendly fungicide which is also a bacterial bio fungicide every 8 days so I’m spraying every 4 days I believe a nasty shop vac and humidity swings is what did it to me

4 Likes

That sounds like a lot. I got myself a sulphur burner, I love it!

Do you think the wpm spore was in the dirty shop vac? WPM lives and grows in humidity of 55% or higher, if I recollect correctly, but humidity doesn’t cause it, the spore has to be present.

Sounds like you’ve done an extremely thorough job though!

3 Likes

Exactly I think the shop vac had spores in it my wife’s father gave it to us and come to find out he used it as a deer camp vac also I removed some trees from behind my house at the beginning of the year that were infected with wpm but anywho the humidity swings just gave it a good environment to inoculate

3 Likes

It’s definitely a tool to use, keeping humidity low is my first priority in flower, especially.

3 Likes

Same I now make sure I’m at 42-45% rh in flower I dont let it swing any wider now

3 Likes